• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Age Limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nwhetsel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What is the age limit that child support is paid? Is it 18 or out of high school or is it through college?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CourtClerk

If the child is still in high school at 18, then you pay support until high school graduation or 19, whichever comes first.

If the child graduates from high school prior to age 18, then you pay support until the child is 18. This should all be in your court order for support.

nwhetsel

thanks - this is what we thought and we are trying to find the court papers that says this is true, but the mom is trying to tell us we have to pay if the child goes to college fulltime.

CourtClerk

thanks - this is what we thought and we are trying to find the court papers that says this is true, but the mom is trying to tell us we have to pay if the child goes to college fulltime.
Who is "us" and "we?" When you find those papers, you will see that the only people they refer to are mom and dad. Subsequent spouses are just that. Subsequent spouses and have no business in the affairs of child support when their children are not involved. They have no business even discussing the matter. At. All.

nwhetsel

wow you are pretty bitter from something - I'm sorry. I am my husband's helper and was just trying to help him.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
wow you are pretty bitter from something - I'm sorry. I am my husband's helper and was just trying to help him.
You are a LEGAL stranger and do NOT matter at all when it comes to the courts, child support and -- in the case of custody, you could only HARM your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">