• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support arrears.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vwhitfield33181

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia newport news.
First time going to court for non payment of child support to my mother. Who I have been living with on and off for the last few years. I have no job and 4 kids will they lock me up or work something out with me. I have had my kids back for three years now and its been hard.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia newport news.
First time going to court for non payment of child support to my mother. Who I have been living with on and off for the last few years. I have no job and 4 kids will they lock me up or work something out with me. I have had my kids back for three years now and its been hard.
This makes no sense: one doesn't pay child support to one's mother. We can't tell you what the court will do. You are useless in jail, so maybe not.

LdiJ

This makes no sense: one doesn't pay child support to one's mother. We can't tell you what the court will do. You are useless in jail, so maybe not.
One doesn't pay child support to one's mother? If grandma has custody of one's children one could certainly be ordered to pay child support to one's mother.

Gillian80Smith

Husbands child support says behind???

Hi,
Me and my husband live in Bay County Fla, he's been paying $700.00/month for one child since February and it gets taken out of his paychecks each WEAK, for $180 some odd dollars... we have now receive a SECOND letter of intent to suspend drivers license and motor vehicle registration for "nonpayment" of support. Says he has 20 days from date on letter to pay $753.80!! Then goes on to say child support payments are $700.00/month and we are enforcing those payments! It days you can print out a petition and fill it out and go to the circuit court! His job is STRICT and he could LOSE HIS JOB over the continuous badgering from child support services! Is there ANYTHING else we can do? I've even done the chat with them online and last time they told me not to worry about it because it's just because of when the money comes out of his checks and it just doesn't fall directly on his court ordered day of payment due. This is CRAZY and TWICE in 2 months!? Last time they said he owed for the courts services of his sons mother talking him to court, I JUST paid that as well! HELP!

justalayman

Hi,
Me and my husband live in Bay County Fla, he's been paying $700.00/month for one child since February and it gets taken out of his paychecks each WEAK, for $180 some odd dollars... we have now receive a SECOND letter of intent to suspend drivers license and motor vehicle registration for "nonpayment" of support. Says he has 20 days from date on letter to pay $753.80!! Then goes on to say child support payments are $700.00/month and we are enforcing those payments! It days you can print out a petition and fill it out and go to the circuit court! His job is STRICT and he could LOSE HIS JOB over the continuous badgering from child support services! Is there ANYTHING else we can do? I've even done the chat with them online and last time they told me not to worry about it because it's just because of when the money comes out of his checks and it just doesn't fall directly on his court ordered day of payment due. This is CRAZY and TWICE in 2 months!? Last time they said he owed for the courts services of his sons mother talking him to court, I JUST paid that as well! HELP!
Ok but start your own thread please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">