+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Child Support Arrears Compromise

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

    Does Georgia participate in the COAP (Child Support Arrears Program)? If so how can I find out information about it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The Heart o' Dixie
    Short answer: Google to find your answer (like I did) : Georgia +COAP

    I didn't see anything about Georgia.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    As COAP is something I'm familiar with in CA, I always ask this question when asked...

    What did GA CSE say when you called and asked them???

  4. #4
    Two things:
    1.Don't trust CSE as your sole answer on the matter, you need to do your own research. The goal of CSE is to collect as much as possible, the state often turns profit on child support enforcement through matching federal money and they aren't thrilled to give out information on arrearage forgiveness programs, or compromise deals.
    2.If your in a high arrears situation, if possible you might want to consult with the CP and try to work out a deal. At this time most arrearage forgiveness/compromise programs only deal with people that owe money to the state for welfare benefits repayment. If your case doesn't fall into that you might not have access to such a program anyway. I like to think most people are reasonable and generally a realistic and reasonable solution can be worked out.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 05:01 AM
  2. CA Compromise of Arrears
    By evilelv in forum Child Support
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:30 AM
  3. child support arrears
    By flalimey@yahoo. in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 01:37 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 06:01 AM
  5. Child Support Arrears
    By Anne Ominous in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.