• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support arrears question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Becki C.

state: TN

my husband has sole custody of his children from a previous marriage. in january 2005, he secured a 2nd court order stating his ex-wife was $20,000.00 behind in child support. she didn't pay a dime for the first 6 years. in tennessee, i know that the bank accounts of the ncp can be seized and the money sent to the cp for child support arrears; however, my husband's ex has been making steady weekly payments for 2 years now. can her bank accounts still be seized since she is so far behind in child support or should he just be grateful he's getting the steady payments for the time being?

thanks for any advice or information you have for us in advance!

seniorjudge

Becki C. said:
state: TN

my husband has sole custody of his children from a previous marriage. in january 2005, he secured a 2nd court order stating his ex-wife was $20,000.00 behind in child support. she didn't pay a dime for the first 6 years. in tennessee, i know that the bank accounts of the ncp can be seized and the money sent to the cp for child support arrears; however, my husband's ex has been making steady weekly payments for 2 years now. can her bank accounts still be seized since she is so far behind in child support or should he just be grateful he's getting the steady payments for the time being?

thanks for any advice or information you have for us in advance!
Q: can her bank accounts still be seized since she is so far behind in child support or should he just be grateful he's getting the steady payments for the time being?

A: Yes, but why upset the apple cart?

Becki C.

she currently owes us an additional $2000.00 in medical bills that she has refused to pay for over 2 years. to further complicate matters, she told my husband last month that she is being "laid off" from her job by august or september 2006 and "good luck on seeing child support after that". we just figured that we better try to get all we can before there isn't anything to get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">