• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlizeth23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband owes back pay every week they take out the amount for back pay and the current, he received a notice of lien which we don't understand because hes been paying his weekly amounts. His ex has agreed to forgive his back pay and to see how to remove the notice of lien since she didnt order that on him.

What can she do to file to forgive her portion of the back pay and how can the lien be removed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My husband owes back pay every week they take out the amount for back pay and the current, he received a notice of lien which we don't understand because hes been paying his weekly amounts. His ex has agreed to forgive his back pay and to see how to remove the notice of lien since she didnt order that on him.

What can she do to file to forgive her portion of the back pay and how can the lien be removed?
While your husband should be the one asking this, I'll play...

Was the mother of the child on any sort of government aid?

nlizeth23

While your husband should be the one asking this, I'll play...

Was the mother of the child on any sort of government aid?

I agree he should and hes doing what he can to figure this out me helping out as well doesnt hurt. Yes she is on food stamps and medicaid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I agree he should and hes doing what he can to figure this out me helping out as well doesnt hurt. Yes she is on food stamps and medicaid.
Then she (mom) can't "forgive" the back pay. The state wants to be reimbursed for the money they paid out because your husband wasn't paying.

nlizeth23

Then she (mom) can't "forgive" the back pay. The state wants to be reimbursed for the money they paid out because your husband wasn't paying.
So she cant forgive her portion of the back pay? I understand he will still owe the state which we understand that will not be forgiven. He has been paying every week but child support hasnt noted the payments in the system he did send in all his check stubs this morning to prove he has been paying since October. Is there anything she can do to remove the lien?

Silverplum

So she cant forgive her portion of the back pay? I understand he will still owe the state which we understand that will not be forgiven. He has been paying every week but child support hasnt noted the payments in the system he did send in all his check stubs this morning to prove he has been paying since October. Is there anything she can do to remove the lien?
Mom can forgive her portion of the arrears. The lien was placed by the state, according to Mom, so there's nothing she can do about that.

nlizeth23

Mom can forgive her portion of the arrears. The lien was placed by the state, according to Mom, so there's nothing she can do about that.
Ok so how can she go about forgiving her portion? She just told me she can write a letter and get it notarized and send it to the child support office, but im not sure if thats the route to go.

Silverplum

Ok so how can she go about forgiving her portion? She just told me she can write a letter and get it notarized and send it to the child support office, but im not sure if thats the route to go.
I don't know, and suggest she contact the child support enforcement agency to find out.

Proserpina

Is your husband sure that Mom is actually wanting to do this?

Doesn't sound like she's too keen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">