• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Bank Levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittrocks

yes, and considering how much food and clothing costs, etc...

be grateful that you can provide for your kids.

about the bank levy..good life lesson learned, no?

RJV

yes, and considering how much food and clothing costs, etc...

be grateful that you can provide for your kids.

about the bank levy..good life lesson learned, no?
Depends on the cost of living in a particular state. Seeing as where my kids live, it's a third of where I reside.

jnmburk

RE: Child Support Levy

We just had the same exact thing happen to Us. My husband went to buy his lunch at work and his bank account both checking and savings were both over drawn and left at a Zero Balance. Went Directly to the bank found out there was a levy put onto ALL his accounts by Child Support of the great state of Arizona. Now mind you he is paying child Support regularly Every single pay check.. For a Child who is NOT his.. (his mother finally admitted its not his kid but refuses to show up in court for a DNA Text in 4 States) We live in Arizona, and Unfortunately In AZ doesn't matter obviously cause as long as some fool is there to pay for this child thats all they care about. We were told there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about this, He is in arrears, Because he was hit by a car 7 years ago, Had his back broke in 5 places and was unemployed for 4 years during his recovery and physical therapy. We've been Married 12 years, and have 3 children of our own to take care of, But they don't take that into consideration and they don't care about medical conditions or why you are in arrears just that you are and they want the money. Doesn't matter she refuses to allow him to even talk to the kid, never less even see him.. She refers to him as THE SPERM DONAR *******! To the child. Real Nice isn't it?? I feel for you buddy.. I hope you have better luck than we have had cause IN AZ you get NO help from No One and NO ONE CARES!

Proserpina

We just had the same exact thing happen to Us. My husband went to buy his lunch at work and his bank account both checking and savings were both over drawn and left at a Zero Balance. Went Directly to the bank found out there was a levy put onto ALL his accounts by Child Support of the great state of Arizona. Now mind you he is paying child Support regularly Every single pay check.. For a Child who is NOT his.. (his mother finally admitted its not his kid but refuses to show up in court for a DNA Text in 4 States) We live in Arizona, and Unfortunately In AZ doesn't matter obviously cause as long as some fool is there to pay for this child thats all they care about. We were told there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about this, He is in arrears, Because he was hit by a car 7 years ago, Had his back broke in 5 places and was unemployed for 4 years during his recovery and physical therapy. We've been Married 12 years, and have 3 children of our own to take care of, But they don't take that into consideration and they don't care about medical conditions or why you are in arrears just that you are and they want the money. Doesn't matter she refuses to allow him to even talk to the kid, never less even see him.. She refers to him as THE SPERM DONAR *******! To the child. Real Nice isn't it?? I feel for you buddy.. I hope you have better luck than we have had cause IN AZ you get NO help from No One and NO ONE CARES!

1. Don't necropost.
2. Get some therapy - you have obvious anger issues.
3. Your husband's child support issues are his business.
4. Evidently he's the child's LEGAL father. Do you understand that biology is quite often irrelevant?
5. What has your husband done to enforce visitation? Nothing?
6. And how often has he tried to modify the child support based upon his disability?

jnmburk

1. Don't necropost.
2. Get some therapy - you have obvious anger issues.
3. Your husband's child support issues are his business.
4. Evidently he's the child's LEGAL father. Do you understand that biology is quite often irrelevant?
5. What has your husband done to enforce visitation? Nothing?
6. And how often has he tried to modify the child support based upon his disability?
In Response to that:

1. I just found this thread and posted on it cause My Husband and I can totally Relate to what was posted and I found it interesting.
2. Anger Issues? Well yes I am upset I don't like seeing people I care about upset or hurt, and Don't agree with the situation SO Yes then I suppose I am an angry person!
3. Yes I do understand Biology Is NOT Always relevant, However when You are told constantly you are NOT allowed to see a child because you're not even the father anyway, Or make an appt I don't have time to deal with you (Where's My Money).. Then I'm sorry I think it becomes an issue!
4. WE have gone to the courts and requested she be forced to allow him visitation, his visitation order is " He has visitation with the child during normal waking hours, as long as it does not interfere with School!" We've tried to see him several Times and I mean several Times all we get is No return phone calls, told Make an Appt, When we go to the courts, they don't enforce the orders.
6. Last time It was attempted to get the Child Support Order Modified was 1 year ago, Here they will only review your case ONCE every 2 years! It has to be more than a 15% change to have it modified! I've Always had a job, and I was the one who had to support Our family for Several Years, I was laid off in July of this year and Now it is on his shoulders, and We can not do anything to the Original Order for at least another Year! Or at least that is what they said.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
STILL "nunya" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">