• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support based on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cantbreathe

What is the name of your state? PA
Mother of my supposed child due in june may be going to jail for 6 mos to a yr. She does not want me to have the child. She wants it to go to her brother. What would my child support be based on? She apparently cannot support it and I don't know what the brother makes. Also, when she gets out, she will probly go on welfare cause she hasn't had a real job ever and hasn't had one in a few yrs (on the books) cause she violated her parole and was hiding from the law. If she is on welfare, what would my child support be based on. If i will be paying alot a month and she will be sitting on her ass collecting, could I just take custoday? Please help.

LdiJ

cantbreathe said:
What is the name of your state? PA
Mother of my supposed child due in june may be going to jail for 6 mos to a yr. She does not want me to have the child. She wants it to go to her brother. What would my child support be based on? She apparently cannot support it and I don't know what the brother makes. Also, when she gets out, she will probly go on welfare cause she hasn't had a real job ever and hasn't had one in a few yrs (on the books) cause she violated her parole and was hiding from the law. If she is on welfare, what would my child support be based on. If i will be paying alot a month and she will be sitting on her ass collecting, could I just take custoday? Please help.
Well, it really disturbs me that your primary concern is your wallet rather than your possible child.......However.....if you immediately petition to have paternity established YOU should be able to be the one who gets custody if mom goes to jail.

cantbreathe

LdiJ said:
Well, it really disturbs me that your primary concern is your wallet rather than your possible child.......However.....if you immediately petition to have paternity established YOU should be able to be the one who gets custody if mom goes to jail.
No need to be disturbed. You have no idea what this woman or her family is like. Her brother is a past drug user also. His family is very already crowded in there home. She only wants her brother to have it because she thinks for some reason that would guarantee her custody when she gets out. I on the other hand was thinking of money, but also that my fiance and I (together for 15 yrs) aside from my 1 month affair with this loser, whom by the way I have known her and her family for yrs, have a house in a country setting and both work. We would be able to care for it better. Also, forgot to add, as soon has she found out about being pregnant, one of the first things she said was when she turns herself in, she thinks she may be able to bypass prison if I get a place with her, she needs and address. Or some kind of halfway house. I am beginning to think this was done on purpose anyways.

Last edited:

topsidder

Since when does an uncle have rights over a father?

You stated in your original post you want physical custody during her "free vacation on the state" What has changed your mind?

Get your butt to court and get your child. Then, use her incarceration as a reason for gaining physical custody upon her release. NOT BEFOR, you only want to seek temp custody during her stay in prison.

S

sparky31676

"IT"???

That hits a cord with me that you refer to a child as "it".

cantbreathe

sparky31676 said:
It was only a figure of speech. How could you possibly be so sensitive. Anyways, this is all new to me. I don't know how to react. And to the person's comment about saying how I only want custody while she is in jail, not all true. I would want her to be able to have the child after her release if she is seen fit by the court. I would like to have joint custody of my child. Seeing my CHILD on weekends really isn't enough. One of my earlier thoughts was that I don't want her to be a welfare mom and do nothing and just collect money. I don't mean that to sound rude, but you just don't know this woman.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It never fails to amaze me when people find someone to be more than accceptable for a roll in the hay, and then do a 180 when one of the two turns up pregnant. DUDE - SHE WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SCREW! What does that say about *you*?

cantbreathe

stealth2 said:
It never fails to amaze me when people find someone to be more than accceptable for a roll in the hay, and then do a 180 when one of the two turns up pregnant. DUDE - SHE WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SCREW! What does that say about *you*?
Yeh, she was good enough at the time, cause I was blasted out of my mind during that time. I was going thru a confusing time no matter how funny you think that is. she knew what was going on and knew I had a fiancel She is no better. And besides, I am sure everyone makes sure everyone they sleep with is such perfect person in all the ways. Yeh right dude, I am sure you checked out every girl youv'e been with. Bull! But I will tell you what, i am taking more responsibility that any other guy probly would. Take a look on the website at all the dead beat dads, so shy don't ya cool it a bit.

VeronicaGia

sparky31676 said:
Considering that the child isn't born yet and our poster may not know the sex of the child, I don't understand why this is a problem.

To the poster, stop making excuses for your actions while calling her every name in the book. Get an attorney, file to have a DNA test taken while she is in the hospital. Find out the best way to proceed from the attorney.

When is she supposed to start serving her term? Will she have the baby while in jail?

cantbreathe

VeronicaGia said:
Considering that the child isn't born yet and our poster may not know the sex of the child, I don't understand why this is a problem.

To the poster, stop making excuses for your actions while calling her every name in the book. Get an attorney, file to have a DNA test taken while she is in the hospital. Find out the best way to proceed from the attorney.

When is she supposed to start serving her term? Will she have the baby while in jail?
Not making excuses. Considering I wanted some advice coming on here, I have not barley nothing but put downs. Thanks alot I am not making excuses, I am going to provide if the child is mine. I am going to consult an attorney, I just wanted a little advice. She said she will turn herself in the end of the month, then we will know when she will go away and if she does if she will be in for the birth. As for the name calling, I did not call her every name in the book, I only spoke the truth. She also smokes like a chimmney and still does coke here and there. But I suppose that is my fault also. Cause as we all know, it only takes 1 person to conceive huh?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
cantbreathe said:
Not making excuses. Considering I wanted some advice coming on here, I have not barley nothing but put downs. Thanks alot I am not making excuses, I am going to provide if the child is mine. I am going to consult an attorney, I just wanted a little advice. She said she will turn herself in the end of the month, then we will know when she will go away and if she does if she will be in for the birth. As for the name calling, I did not call her every name in the book, I only spoke the truth. She also smokes like a chimmney and still does coke here and there. But I suppose that is my fault also. Cause as we all know, it only takes 1 person to conceive huh?
And you STILL chose to sleep with her. You COULD have said no.

cantbreathe

stealth2 said:
And you STILL chose to sleep with her. You COULD have said no.
Yes, I could have said no, but I didn't. For one I was a horney guy, I was totally drunk myself, and was freaking out at the time cause I was going to be married in 2 mos. that was my problem I understand. Yeh, and I know I am a total ******* for doing that when I was about to get married. Because of this I did not get married.
So are you telling me that every person you have ever been with had no flaws what so ever? I knew what this girl was like, but I had no idea to the extent that it was. I had no idea she had a warrent, etc... I am trying to do the best to my ability.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
cantbreathe said:
So are you telling me that every person you have ever been with had no flaws what so ever?
Nope. But I sure knew them more than a month, didn't pick drug addicts, and did my damndest to make sure a baby would not be the end result. And what a shock! I only have the two that were planned!

cantbreathe

stealth2 said:
Nope. But I sure knew them more than a month, didn't pick drug addicts, and did my damndest to make sure a baby would not be the end result. And what a shock! I only have the two that were planned!
If you have read the beginning of my original post, you would them know that I have know this girl and her family for years, since I was around 16, am now 32 yrs old. Had not seen her for about 4 yrs since she went away to jail, so I did not know the extent of her drug abuse. And I did use a condom, I guess being drunk didn' t help using it correctly. So There are you answers. And congratulations on only having the children you PLANNED ON. What a stand up guy you are. Hope you never have any accidents, cause be honest, more than half of the world is filled with children that were not planned. Every single post you have up here is all rude and no help at all. Do you just go all over the threads and put people down. Probably do. Thanks for the help buddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">