• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support because of medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooely

I am in Texas

Me and my sons mother seperated on good terms when my son was approximately 6 months old. I have been consistantly giving her $400 a month (with doccumentation to show for it) and taking my son for 3 days a week. He recieved medicaid for his first year of life because I was without a good job. I now have a good job, however I cannot enroll for medical insurance for myself and my son until October (enrollment period).

My sons mother applied for medicaid for my son, and now they have let her know that I must pay child support. So I have a few questions.

Is the child support only required whilst my son is recieving medicaid?
If I enroll in my companies health plan ion october and include my son, and cancel the medicaid, will I be able to stop paying child support through the state?

My sons mother does not want to go through the courts for child support. She and I both would prefer to continue as we are now.
Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's unlikely that you'd be able to cancel the child support order. And at the end of the day? If you/Mom don't want to go through the courts? Maybe the two of you need to figure out how to get by without taxpayer support. Ya know?

Just Blue

My sons mother does not want to go through the courts for child support. She and I both would prefer to continue as we are now.
Not a problem. Mom, or you, need to place the child on your own, non-state funded, health care plan. Also neither of you should file for any state/government assistance.

Easy.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">