• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Calculator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tuc520

AZ

Hello, I'd like to know if my expenses are allowed such as rent, car payment, gas, etc., to calculate my child support payment amount? The reason I asked is because my cousin told me that his lawyer filled out a form with all his expenses. The only thing I could find is the child support calculator to determine the amount.

Silverplum

AZ

Hello, I'd like to know if my expenses are allowed such as rent, car payment, gas, etc., to calculate my child support payment amount? The reason I asked is because my cousin told me that his lawyer filled out a form with all his expenses. The only thing I could find is the child support calculator to determine the amount.
No. Everything they want to know is on that form.

Tuc520

cyber "bully"

Isn't that what we're supppose to do for a different, new question? Smh.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No, actually. The entirety of your situation is important, and it is preferable - on THIS site - that everything is kept together on one thread. Thank you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If the "different, new question" were on an unrelated subject, that would be appropriate. For example, if your other thread were about a tree falling on your car, it would not be relevant to the subject of child support.

However, everything you are asking about pertains to the same case, seen by the same judge. So it belongs all together.

From what you've posted it would seem that:
(1) There is a court order for child support.
(2) You are allegedly in arrears.
(3) Child support is being modified.

I could be wrong on some of these details, because you have split your posts across two threads, and are focusing on the wrong details, and not including the relevant ones.

(a) The only way you could get into arrears is if there is a court order for child support. Child support only changes when someone goes to court to modify it. If you believed a modification was necessary, the onus is on you to file for a modification.
(b) Always keep a paper trail of how you paid child support. Cash is hard to document. If you are paying by check and the ex is claiming it's not CS, just a "gift", then at least you can document that you wrote those checks intending them to be applied towards child support. It would also indicate that you should set up CS to go through the state CS office, whatever it is called.
(c) We don't care about your cousin. The court you're dealing with doesn't care about him either. Your cousin might have been filing out those forms as part of a divorce. Your cousin or his ex might be getting some sort of benefits from the state, which include those forms. You cousin could be in a different state. Your cousin could have obtained his order some time prior to July 1, 2015. Your cousin is IRRELEVANT.

Focus on current AZ law, because that's all that matters to your case.
http://www.azcourts.gov/familylaw/Child-Support-Calculator-Information

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">