• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support in california

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mmooresj

Hello, I would like to know what California law is for ending child support , upon graduation or turning 18 years of age depending on what happens first is this true!
My son is graduating in june but he is 17 now turning 18 in Oct. . I've been paying close to 900 a month for 17 years now , and never complained or asked for modifications , The other day i called his mother first time speaking to her in 17 years , FYI I speak with my son frequently just not his mom she remarried and has 3 other children now with her husband. Plus I really have nothing to say to her long story short she cheated I Ieft ! Anyhow i called to ask to terminate the order but will still support my son directly to his bank account via my payroll or whatever else he needs . We talked she agreed to my support option that he was old enough to have his own financial choices with me ! Well the next day she told me that she didnt want to agree to anthing ! And was rude about it now i know my son is not seeing a red dime that was made clear by her husband telling me my payments have been going to his harley and benz ! Well i just want to deal with my son not her i wasnt even in the state or working when the support order was originated 17 years ago , So question is am i done with paying her at graduation or 18! My son told me he moving to LA after school

Proserpina

Hello, I would like to know what California law is for ending child support , upon graduation or turning 18 years of age depending on what happens first is this true!
My son is graduating in june but he is 17 now turning 18 in Oct. . I've been paying close to 900 a month for 17 years now , and never complained or asked for modifications , The other day i called his mother first time speaking to her in 17 years , FYI I speak with my son frequently just not his mom she remarried and has 3 other children now with her husband. Plus I really have nothing to say to her long story short she cheated I Ieft ! Anyhow i called to ask to terminate the order but will still support my son directly to his bank account via my payroll or whatever else he needs . We talked she agreed to my support option that he was old enough to have his own financial choices with me ! Well the next day she told me that she didnt want to agree to anthing ! And was rude about it now i know my son is not seeing a red dime that was made clear by her husband telling me my payments have been going to his harley and benz ! Well i just want to deal with my son not her i wasnt even in the state or working when the support order was originated 17 years ago , So question is am i done with paying her at graduation or 18! My son told me he moving to LA after school
This might help. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+does+child+support+end+in+California

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">