• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hereibenow

What is the name of your state? NJ
I have been divorced since 1987. My ex-husband and I have two children. One of our children graduated college and needs to be emancipated; one is in college. My ex-husband has told me that he plans to go to court to ask for child support to reflect my separated husband's income along with mine so that his child support payment can be reduced. My current husband and I have been separated since 1997. Additionally, my ex-husband refused to pay for college for either child even though the Judgment for Divorce stated that each parent shall pay for college according to each party's respective income. We both make about $40,000 a year. He did not pay for medical expenses, etc. He only paid what was garnished from his check from the Probation Department. What am I able to ask for in court?

N

nicetryadmin

hereibenow said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
I have been divorced since 1987. My ex-husband and I have two children. One of our children graduated college and needs to be emancipated; one is in college. My ex-husband has told me that he plans to go to court to ask for child support to reflect my separated husband's income along with mine so that his child support payment can be reduced. My current husband and I have been separated since 1997. Additionally, my ex-husband refused to pay for college for either child even though the Judgment for Divorce stated that each parent shall pay for college according to each party's respective income. We both make about $40,000 a year. He did not pay for medical expenses, etc. He only paid what was garnished from his check from the Probation Department. What am I able to ask for in court?
His request to factor in your separated spouse's income will be denied.

If he isn't paying what he's court-ordered to, then he is in contempt and you should file a Motion to Show Cause for Contempt in Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">