• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support in CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Astrolink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Asking this one for a friend. He has a child support order out of CO. The child and mother live there. He lives in Minnesota. He is current with payments with no arrears.

His daughter graduated from HS in June and turns 19 in August. From what I read, it appears his last child support payment should be for the month of August.

He contacted his case worker in CO to see if there was anything specific he had to do legally as the the last month approaches. He was told that support ends 1 month after a child turns 19 and to continue to send payments for the month of September. I can't find anything in CO's CS site to support an extra month. Is the case worker giving correct information?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Asking this one for a friend. He has a child support order out of CO. The child and mother live there. He lives in Minnesota. He is current with payments with no arrears.

His daughter graduated from HS in June and turns 19 in August. From what I read, it appears his last child support payment should be for the month of August.

He contacted his case worker in CO to see if there was anything specific he had to do legally as the the last month approaches. He was told that support ends 1 month after a child turns 19 and to continue to send payments for the month of September. I can't find anything in CO's CS site to support an extra month. Is the case worker giving correct information?
Your friend should post for himself. :)

Silverplum

I've never heard of such a thing. He can find forms to end CS at the CO Courts website. (On my phone, can't do all the looking & linking...sorry!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">