• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Computation Configured Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PopRock

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

A two year divorce proceeding finally comes to an end and the judge has been wanting to finalize everything on one day, at 4:30pm on a Friday...lucky me. Of course, everything was NOT finalize in terms of the financial stuff and child support and alimony. Here is the dilemma I am in. When I started the divorce proceedings, I was paying child support based my income; which was based upon a certain percentage of time I have with my child. Now that my case is over, my visitation went from 25% to 33%; however, the courts did NOT adjust the percentage and Child Support Services has been deducting/garnishing my wages at the 25% visitation ratio.

On top of all of this, alimony was suppose to only go for 3 years (since I was married for 6) and the 3 year mark is over now, but deductions are still be taken out of my paycheck for alimony. Is the only choice to have everything configured right, by re-petitioning the courts again about this oversight?

And on top of ALL of this, I have been disable since November 2013 (unfortunately a brain tumor)...so I am juggling a lot on my plate. Does anyone know which forms I should petition the court with. I have research the following forms FL-450 / FL-192 / FL-195 / FL-135. I just have to make sense of them and figure out what to fill out and what to say to the judge. Also, I have heard that it is possible to get a retro-active disability assignment with regards to my income at zero now, since I am not working due to my disability and near future surgery (if I pull through). My doctor has officially made me disabled last November 2013, but Child Support Services has informed me that I must get a court order to retro-active benefits, as I still owe from November - today's current date!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">