• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support court hearing!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nds22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx
Okay I filed for child support in November, my sons father and I ended up working things out so we did not go to the meeting at our nearest child support office... Would they go ahead and pursue child support anyways?? We just got served papers and do not know why?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx
Okay I filed for child support in November, my sons father and I ended up working things out so we did not go to the meeting at our nearest child support office... Would they go ahead and pursue child support anyways?? We just got served papers and do not know why?
Well, apparently you received some sort of state aid and the state and its taxpayers would like their money back.

Proserpina

Yes my son was on Medicaid but is taken off now
You asked why. I told you why.

Now you need to go to the hearing and tell them whatever it is you want to tell them. Or, you could use the phone and ask directly (and make sure you get a name and an extension number because Lord, those poor people are overworked & underpaid).

Don't sweat this, Mom. If you never used those benefits, that's what you tell them. Nobody is going to throw you in jail.

Nds22

He did use his Medicaid, and I reported to the family services office that we are moving in with his father and canceled his Medicaid, I am not worried about going to jail as I haven't lied or kept anything from them! I do not know what to expect at the hearing... I did get ahold to the attorney generals office and she said to show proof of Medicaid cancelled and that we were living together and it would be ok!

FlyingRon

If the child received medicaid, even if he no longer is, the state is still able to go after the non-custodial parent for support. Even if you are one big happy family now.

Nds22

Okay and that is fine! But I do not want child support for myself though... Would whatever he pays just go to the state? How much monthly would he likely pay? My sons only 10 months and had Medicaid till he was 9 months

Proserpina

He did use his Medicaid, and I reported to the family services office that we are moving in with his father and canceled his Medicaid, I am not worried about going to jail as I haven't lied or kept anything from them! I do not know what to expect at the hearing... I did get ahold to the attorney generals office and she said to show proof of Medicaid cancelled and that we were living together and it would be ok!
So the AG gave you information.

I'm not sure why you're here (no offense meant).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">