• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/ custody rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Betherz978

So my girlfriend has a 5 year old boy who is in the custody of her father, he gets state assistance threw tanif, when he works full time and makes around 1000 a week. She is ordered to pay 63 dollars a week to the state, when at some points she wasnt even working, the total is about 7000 as of right now, she has lived on and off with her father and son, and when she was there she was buying him things clothing food and toys, that was the only way her father allowed her to stay, but it was never reported to the agency, also she is going to court for custody back now that she has a stable place of her own and a stable job, im wondering if there is anything she can do about this without reciets?

Proserpina

So my girlfriend has a 5 year old boy who is in the custody of her father, he gets state assistance threw tanif, when he works full time and makes around 1000 a week. She is ordered to pay 63 dollars a week to the state, when at some points she wasnt even working, the total is about 7000 as of right now, she has lived on and off with her father and son, and when she was there she was buying him things clothing food and toys, that was the only way her father allowed her to stay, but it was never reported to the agency, also she is going to court for custody back now that she has a stable place of her own and a stable job, im wondering if there is anything she can do about this without reciets?
Why is it in the child's best interest to be uprooted from his current home? What has changed in her son's life?

Let's start there.

Betherz978

She is at work at her second job, and she is taking her son back because her father is a registered sex pffender and has recently acted out, she has been trying to get him back for awhile now but has gotten on her feet in the past year she had broken up with the father of her children like the court asked and has custody of her youngest. But more or less im just asking if anything can be done about the child support she gets her son back in april its already in place. Its been a transition for 6 months now.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She is at work at her second job, and she is taking her son back because her father is a registered sex pffender and has recently acted out, she has been trying to get him back for awhile now but has gotten on her feet in the past year she had broken up with the father of her children like the court asked and has custody of her youngest. But more or less im just asking if anything can be done about the child support she gets her son back in april its already in place. Its been a transition for 6 months now.
This site is open 24/7. How long has her father been a registered sex offender? There is nothing that can be done about the child support she owes. She needs to pay it.

Silverplum

This site is open 24/7. How long has her father been a registered sex offender? There is nothing that can be done about the child support she owes. She needs to pay it.
Maybe if Mom doesn't owe the State any monies AND the Recipient forgives the arrears? Sounds quite unlikely.

Betherz978

They knew he was a sex offender when they granted custody, it was nh court their defence was he has never done anything to a boy its always been girls

Betherz978

I didnt think there was anything she could do, but i figured id ask because i thought maybe if she got proof of the stuff bought it could be deducted from the total

Betherz978

Also yes i know the site is open 24/7 but she works two jobs and still has another child in her custody so she doesnt have much time for surfing the web

Proserpina

She's either already got custody sorted out, or she's "going back to court" to try to get custody.

Not both.

Now. Where is the CHILD'S father?

Betherz978

Like i said shes getting him in april in the first post i wasnt trying to get into her life story just give an over veiw, the father is in jail for beatingher which was why the first child was taken away in the first place, she felt to scared to leave at first but then she did and it took her a long time to get a place and get stable also because she is only 23, this all happened when she was fairly young. But now shes doing reallygood, the gardian adlitem granted her son to visit every other week until april on the next court date and says at that time she is granting custody back.

Rwedunyet

Like i said shes getting him in april in the first post i wasnt trying to get into her life story just give an over veiw, the father is in jail for beatingher which was why the first child was taken away in the first place, she felt to scared to leave at first but then she did and it took her a long time to get a place and get stable also because she is only 23, this all happened when she was fairly young. But now shes doing reallygood, the gardian adlitem granted her son to visit every other week until april on the next court date and says at that time she is granting custody back.

It would seem that the Guardian ad Litem is overstepping some boundaries there.

Silverplum

I didnt think there was anything she could do, but i figured id ask because i thought maybe if she got proof of the stuff bought it could be deducted from the total
That's unreasonable. Parents buy many things for their children: they don't get reimbursed. Most parents put a roof over their children's heads AND buy clothes and toys and such.

Betherz978

It would seem that way cuz shes not a judge but this court is messed up, everytime she has gone its pretty much whatever the gaurdian adlitem says the judge agrees with, all i know is that ive gone to the court and sat in on the session and the judge said well lets hurry this along its been a long time coming this child is 5 already and should be with his parent. No judge ive ever heard of has stated an opinion like that, granted i dont know many judges or have been to many court sessions but it just seemed weird to me. Well i also think its a bad courthouse too because idk why they would put a child with a registered sex offender in the first place, even ifthe offenses hadnt been on a boy, it just doesnt seem right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">