• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support determination in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Not necessarily here in FL. Garnishments are usually reserved for the ones who have either demonstrated they won't pay or have chosen to do so. Its not the automatic first means of collection.
That's different. In my state you have to really fight with the courts to NOT be automatically garnished.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? Someone didn't like that I pointed out that OP is pathetic and is choosing his selfish desires over his children and they would be better off without him and reported my post? Nice.

RRevak

Really? Someone didn't like that I pointed out that OP is pathetic and is choosing his selfish desires over his children and they would be better off without him and reported my post? Nice.
Looks like someone really won't like court then (as Pro so eloquently puts it..) *le sigh*

RRevak

That's different. In my state you have to really fight with the courts to NOT be automatically garnished.
Trust me, I would have loved for garnishment to be the first means. Maybe I would have ended up with at least something from the ex while we still had our orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">