• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support from a divorce decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2011bull

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
CP GA
NCP NC

Divorced ex in 2010 he's to pay cs for three children once he left my home. After waiting for him to leave my home I kicked him out in 2011 because his was hurting my oldest child mental well being. Went home to mom in NC stated according to his father who called me that he didn't not have anywhere to stay and he had no family here(what are his sons?). Two friends offered him a place with them because they are recently divorced and needed roommates and they worked with him on same jobs and shift.

Long story short, has not paid an dime of CS, has not put children on any insurance because when he quit they were under him as per the decree, has not paid the spousal support I'm to temporarily to received to keep insurance on me. (I have the children on my seasonal job insurance plan)
His family is hiding him, mind you their his three aunts and his mother(I supposedly have her only grandchildren). I filed a petition with CS office and supplied them with all there address and numbers, gave them his bank information, possible two jobs he working(one being a state ran college in NC), pictures, and all relevant information they would need to locate him.

I was told it could take a year to locate him.
My question with all the information I provided him realistically how long should it take to locate him to enforce the order? The only thing I couldn't give them was his drivers license number. And what is the best way to stay on top of this? I know I'm going to get the excuse they have so many cases and attorneys are not cheap. I do plan in looking at an attorney though. I rather my money go to my sons and home then making him do what he legally and morally obligated to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">