• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support and drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linny5

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My husband had 3 dui's back when he was in his 20's and his drivers license was suspended. He is now 45 and is trying to get his license back by going thru all the appropriate steps outlined by the Sec of State. He also has quite a bit of arrears in Child Support. The child is now 18, but my husband is compling with a court order to pay off the arrears in installments that are garnished from his paycheck. My question is Could this arrears in child support keep him from getting his license back? I read on the website about something called the family financial responsibility law, which allows the Sec of State or Court to suspended a license due to arrears. Is this true and if he does get his license back, can it again be suspended? If you have any information that could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

VeronicaGia

Linny5 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

My husband had 3 dui's back when he was in his 20's and his drivers license was suspended. He is now 45 and is trying to get his license back by going thru all the appropriate steps outlined by the Sec of State. He also has quite a bit of arrears in Child Support. The child is now 18, but my husband is compling with a court order to pay off the arrears in installments that are garnished from his paycheck. My question is Could this arrears in child support keep him from getting his license back? I read on the website about something called the family financial responsibility law, which allows the Sec of State or Court to suspended a license due to arrears. Is this true and if he does get his license back, can it again be suspended? If you have any information that could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
What is your point? The child is over 18. He's abiding by the court order to pay arrears through a wage garnishment. Why can't you just let it go?

LdiJ

VeronicaGia said:
What is your point? The child is over 18. He's abiding by the court order to pay arrears through a wage garnishment. Why can't you just let it go?
I think this may be the new wife who is hoping that her husband will be able to get his license. Not the old wife trying to keep him in trouble for arrearages.

Linny5

I am just wanting to make sure that the arrears in child support will not keep my husband from getting his license. He will be putting alot of hours and money into this, and it would be bad if for some reason down the road the license would again be suspended for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">