• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support due from before my parental rights terminated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo584

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny
my parental rights were terminated in 2002 when the child in question was adopted by her step father. now the mother is divorced from him and is seeking CS from me i understand that it is not likely that they will overturn the adoption and have me pay child support but here is the BIG question.....can she sue for child support for the time before the child was adopted?

sambo584

there was no order nor contact by me, the mother contacted me once when the child was 5 and at that time i asked for DNA testing , she refused and dissapeared when they did the adoption they stated no known father, BTW the adoption occured in texas and she is now living here in ny.

sambo584

so here again is the question..at no time have i been adjudicated the father...can she get child support from me now ,for before the time the child was adopted?

sambo584

the other thread was closed for some reason...there was one more question( the reason for this thread)is there a way to reopen a thread and continue the dialogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">