• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support emancipation state of ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dimi

HELP:
I had a son with a woman, the relationship didn't work out, when he was only a few months old i was told that he passed away. Jump to present: now its 18 yrs later i just arrived back to the states ( i now live in europe ) lost my passport and when i went to apply for a new one was told the shocking news that , a) i owe 9000 in back support, B) also when she married her husband adopted my son ( this is suppose to have passed away yrs ago ) and now i also find out that she was seeing my so called good friend at the same time as me back then. I reach out to him and he confirms it and not only that him and my son ( i think ) look exactly alike. all help is welcomed because due to this i cannot get a new passport and return to my family back in europe. Dimi

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
HELP:
I had a son with a woman, the relationship didn't work out, when he was only a few months old i was told that he passed away. Jump to present: now its 18 yrs later i just arrived back to the states ( i now live in europe ) lost my passport and when i went to apply for a new one was told the shocking news that , a) i owe 9000 in back support, B) also when she married her husband adopted my son ( this is suppose to have passed away yrs ago ) and now i also find out that she was seeing my so called good friend at the same time as me back then. I reach out to him and he confirms it and not only that him and my son ( i think ) look exactly alike. all help is welcomed because due to this i cannot get a new passport and return to my family back in europe. Dimi
It sounds to me like you need to pay the child support that you owe.

Dimi

question

well shouldn't i file for a dna test being that my old friend told me that he too was sleeping with her and might be the father? i have not seen the child since he was 6 months pld and he is now 18... Also can't a ask or file for child support emancipation

Proserpina

HELP:

To add to Zig's post, there is absolutely no chance that a court will allow you to challenge paternity at this late stage. If you and your son really want to know there's nothing stopping you both from buying a DNA kit for yourselves.

But back to the point - you need to pay down the child support to (the last time I checked) $2500.

Proserpina

well shouldn't i file for a dna test being that my old friend told me that he too was sleeping with her and might be the father? i have not seen the child since he was 6 months pld and he is now 18... Also can't a ask or file for child support emancipation

No. Not going to happen. (see my other post)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">