• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Ending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allycat31234

What is the name of your state? CA
I have a question my husband has three children with his previous marriage. The children are 17 which will be turning 18 in June she will also be graduating at this time. She plans on attending college. My question is will he still have to continue to pay child support or her college tuition? In the divorce paper it states that once she turns 18 or stops going to school he is done but his ex wife says that he is responsible for that. Also he owes $ 6,000in back pay. His ex wife says that he needs to pay her directly?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

CourtClerk

I have a question my husband has three children with his previous marriage. The children are 17 which will be turning 18 in June she will also be graduating at this time. She plans on attending college. My question is will he still have to continue to pay child support or her college tuition? In the divorce paper it states that once she turns 18 or stops going to school he is done but his ex wife says that he is responsible for that. Also he owes $ 6,000in back pay. His ex wife says that he needs to pay her directly?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
How are the arrearages being paid? If being paid through CSSD, then the CS payments will continue through CSSD until the CS is paid in full. Do NOT pay her directly if he has been making payments through Child Support Services.

Regular support (in CA) will cease when the child turns 18 or graduates from high school if the child is over 18.

Neal1421

I'm confused, are there three kids or just one?

If there are three kids, he will still need to pay what is ordered by the court until the others reach 18 or go back to court to try to get it modified. With there being arrears though, I don't see that happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">