• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support enforcement and food stamps

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

And when you say welfare, you mean cash benefits?

Thanks for your answers. My son's dad was receiving food stamp benefits for our son, I was unaware of it until I filed for support & he received a call from the welfare office that very same day inquiring about where our son lives. My son's dad lost the food stamp benefits, however, after reading that thread I wanted to make sure the state wasn't going to try and get me to pay back the amount of benefits paid. I would imagine I wouldn't be liable, it seems to me that my ex is guilty of fraud, but I just wanted to check!

Isis1

That is the way that it works in my state, but I think that it may vary from state to state.
You know, just for my plain nosiness, i'm still looking for states that do! Cuz so far, PA, CA, you saying IN, and MD do it this way. I still have 46 states to go.

CSO286

You know, just for my plain nosiness, i'm still looking for states that do! Cuz so far, PA, CA, you saying IN, and MD do it this way. I still have 46 states to go.
MN doesn't require reimbursement for food stamps, neither does ND.

Isis1

And when you say welfare, you mean cash benefits?

Thanks for your answers. My son's dad was receiving food stamp benefits for our son, I was unaware of it until I filed for support & he received a call from the welfare office that very same day inquiring about where our son lives. My son's dad lost the food stamp benefits, however, after reading that thread I wanted to make sure the state wasn't going to try and get me to pay back the amount of benefits paid. I would imagine I wouldn't be liable, it seems to me that my ex is guilty of fraud, but I just wanted to check!
Ugh! I got caught up in the hijacking! Sorry Op, that was my fault!

His fraud? No, he pays that back if they decide to press charges.

jadedjewell31

Don't let him bully you into making a decision that in the long run will hurt your child. This support is for him/her remember that. It is BOTH of your responsibilities to support your child, not just yours and welfare. There is nothing wrong with getting help when you really need it. As a tax payer I would rather see children taken care of. I also don't agree with all these negative comments and people just being down right mean and nasty to you. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone has the tools and knowledge to make the best of choices in their lives. I think now you will see just how hard it is to raise a child without a father present and make different choices next time. I wish you luck, don't give in or give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beg to differ. When someone is unable to support the children they already have and expects the taxpayers to support them? The taxpayers (aka us) have every right to object to yet more kids being brought into the world.
Last time I checked it was legal for a woman to have as many children as she so desired, in the United States. But hey why not try YOUR OWN suggestion that you gave to someone else in another thread, since it was good enough of you to suggest to someone else, I thought perhaps it might help you too. Let me be so kind as to repost it for you so you can ponder it:The next words are from Stealth>>>>>>>

Well... I've heard that in Nevada, you can go out to the dam and yell three times that he owes you money and he is obligated to pay. Also, in some states, you can have a spell cast on him that will make him impotent. There is also the possibility of going into the rain forests of South America and finding a witch doctor. If you are deemed worthy, s/he can make it so that every time you think of him, he breaks into a rendition of the Barney song.

Best of luck - I am certain one of these suggestions will help you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
if we suddenly and miraculously are no longer taxed for welfare benefits to needy people because of your complaints, it is highly unlikely you'd stopped being taxed altogether. The state and govt would always have another reason to take your 20%. I mean, you dont think you'd get a refund, do you? Or a tax cut?
Of course not. But perhaps the money could be used in other productive ways.

Last time I checked it was legal for a woman to have as many children as she so desired, in the United States. But hey why not try YOUR OWN suggestion that you gave to someone else in another thread, since it was good enough of you to suggest to someone else, I thought perhaps it might help you too. Let me be so kind as to repost it for you so you can ponder it:The next words are from Stealth>>>>>>>

Well... I've heard that in Nevada, you can go out to the dam and yell three times that he owes you money and he is obligated to pay. Also, in some states, you can have a spell cast on him that will make him impotent. There is also the possibility of going into the rain forests of South America and finding a witch doctor. If you are deemed worthy, s/he can make it so that every time you think of him, he breaks into a rendition of the Barney song.

Best of luck - I am certain one of these suggestions will help you.
Tinky-winky. You missed the point of that thread. In any event, just as a woman has a right to have as many kids as she may want, I have the right to suggest (or agree with the suggestion) that she learn how to keep her legs closed until she can actually support the multitude of children she is spawning.

RRevak

Tinky-winky. You missed the point of that thread. In any event, just as a woman has a right to have as many kids as she may want, I have the right to suggest (or agree with the suggestion) that she learn how to keep her legs closed until she can actually support the multitude of children she is spawning.
Hate to contribute to the hijacking but I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded. I too had a child with someone who turned out to be a craptastic person and an even more craptastic parent. It was hard and I was financially broke more often than I wasnt. I knew that if one child was hard then more would be impossible. I chose to be a smart person and keep things "closed" until I was married and financially ok. I wasnt going to strap anyone else with the financial burden of my stupidity..

Just sayin OP..:rolleyes:

Cainlord

if everyone is now done getting there beating in on the dead horse...

Something to keep in mind OP, and its been said before by those who have been around the longest, if he really doesn't want to pay, he can most likely avoid it.

So your best bet is to look into becoming self sufficient without him.

Good luck.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

if everyone is now done getting there beating in on the dead horse...Something to keep in mind OP, and its been said before by those who have been around the longest, if he really doesn't want to pay, he can most likely avoid it.

So your best bet is to look into becoming self sufficient without him.

Good luck.
Since you're determined to re-open a subject that NO ONE HAS TOUCHED in a week.... :rolleyes:

Stealthy pealthy, (since you seem to like to make grade school remarks about someones name) you can have your opinion, who cares. We all got one, or several. Its the way you go about expounding on said opinion that makes people that come on this board just looking for advice wonder why they ever asked their question in the first place. They did NOT ask you for birth control advice, they asked a legal question. Had a newbie answered in the way you did, they would have been told off in such a fashion as mind your own business and so on and so on.
And in case you don't know its not just the woman that needs to "keep her legs closed" its the mans responsibility too, probably why the op was going after the dude for cs in the first place. Pretty basic stuff here...

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Stealthy pealthy, (since you seem to like to make grade school remarks about someones name) you can have your opinion, who cares. We all got one, or several. Its the way you go about expounding on said opinion that makes people that come on this board just looking for advice wonder why they ever asked their question in the first place. They did NOT ask you for birth control advice, they asked a legal question. Had a newbie answered in the way you did, they would have been told off in such a fashion as mind your own business and so on and so on.
And in case you don't know its not just the woman that needs to "keep her legs closed" its the mans responsibility too, probably why the op was going after the dude for cs in the first place. Pretty basic stuff here...

Irrespective and regardless of your post, ULTIMATELY it is up to the WOMAN to make sure that she's not procreating. Period. Even. If.

Poof... begone. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">