• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Enforcement has contacted me and i have already file a custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rufusss

This is in the state of North Carolina.
I have a girl friend who moved out of the residence and took the child and move to another apartment,i have filed a pro se custody case and waiting to complete the mediation process.
Received a letter last week from child support enforcement asking me to come to their office with pay stubs so they can arrange for child support payments.
My question is do i have to pay child support before having a custody hearing?
Should i give them my paystubs and info or just tell them custody has not be determined yet? Or should i setup a voluntary payment? Not sure how we could calculate the payment properly withpout a custody order.

LdiJ

This is in the state of North Carolina.
I have a girl friend who moved out of the residence and took the child and move to another apartment,i have filed a pro se custody case and waiting to complete the mediation process.
Received a letter last week from child support enforcement asking me to come to their office with pay stubs so they can arrange for child support payments.
My question is do i have to pay child support before having a custody hearing?
Should i give them my paystubs and info or just tell them custody has not be determined yet? Or should i setup a voluntary payment? Not sure how we could calculate the payment properly withpout a custody order.

You are unmarried therefore the mother of the child has defacto custody until or unless a court orders something different. Do not ignore child support enforcement or they could make an order without your input. You can tell them that there is a custody case pending, but there is no way of knowing if that will make any difference to them or not.

rufusss

hmmmmm

You are unmarried therefore the mother of the child has defacto custody until or unless a court orders something different. Do not ignore child support enforcement or they could make an order without your input. You can tell them that there is a custody case pending, but there is no way of knowing if that will make any difference to them or not.
Ok thanks.Maybe i can do a voluntary payment plan and at least show the judge i pay my child support.Considering the mother i will dealing with has 2 previous kids in her past that were taken away,and she was required to pay child support and she owes 60,000 in back child support support she quits every jon once they start the garnishment.I will at least show the judge that i pay my support while the mother is a deadbeat mom from california.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok thanks.Maybe i can do a voluntary payment plan and at least show the judge i pay my child support.Considering the mother i will dealing with has 2 previous kids in her past that were taken away,and she was required to pay child support and she owes 60,000 in back child support support she quits every jon once they start the garnishment.I will at least show the judge that i pay my support while the mother is a deadbeat mom from california.
Yet...she was fine to impregnate :rolleyes:

rufusss

yep yep tep

Yet...she was fine to impregnate :rolleyes:
Deadbeat is deadbeat,women should not get a pass.If theu dont pay they should go to jail as well.Called equla rights,and i was unaware of her past really.I had go her a job and then she quit after 2 months,and then i became aware of this back child support when a letter arrived at the house,so i was somewhat supprised. But as i said deadbeat is a deadbeat male or female.

CSO286

Deadbeat is deadbeat,women should not get a pass.If theu dont pay they should go to jail as well.Called equla rights,and i was unaware of her past really.I had go her a job and then she quit after 2 months,and then i became aware of this back child support when a letter arrived at the house,so i was somewhat supprised. But as i said deadbeat is a deadbeat male or female.
But she was good enough to boink?

le sigh

rufusss

But she was good enough to boink?

le sigh
Lots of women good enough to boik as you say.It is amazing how we look at issues when women do some of the same things as men but are given a pass.Let put it the other way i was good enough to boik?

I have called the tip line for the state of california and turned her in and i have contacted the federal goverment to make them aware of her whereabouts.

I have only kids i take care of and pay child support for them,here is a person that does not and is basicing hiding here in another state,so california cant locate her.
If you have been order to pay child support does not matter if male or female,there are kids somewhere who need that support,dont matter is she is a women she should be thrown in a jail cell just the same way they are doing to men,you wont equal right? Come on in the water just fine!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
When you start griping about the other parent being a deadbeat and horrible person, you should have figured that out PRIOR to having sex with them. Instead you didn't. That goes for man or woman. Both genders have been told that on here.

She may be a deadbeat but that didn't stop you from impregnating her or having sex with her. You shouldn't have jumped into a relationship with someone you didn't know. Her being a deadbeat doesn't impact her ability to parent.

single317dad

Not sure how it works in your neck of the woods, but around here women do go to jail and/or prison for failure to support. My ex-sister-in-law can vouch for that, and her sister (my ex) is trying her level best to follow in her footsteps. Stop being so bitter and follow the legal recourse available to you.

rufusss

When you start griping about the other parent being a deadbeat and horrible person, you should have figured that out PRIOR to having sex with them. Instead you didn't. That goes for man or woman. Both genders have been told that on here.

She may be a deadbeat but that didn't stop you from impregnating her or having sex with her. You shouldn't have jumped into a relationship with someone you didn't know. Her being a deadbeat doesn't impact her ability to parent.
I agree good point you make there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">