• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support enforcement if I relocate overseas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosslima

Connecticut.

I have sole custody, and I have by court granted relocation overseas with my daughter. The father quit his job last week, and he had been discount from his paycheck and State were depositing directly in a debit card to me. So, now I am leaving... What will happen to the child support for her? Can you still contact from overseas CT court of chid support enforcement?

Proserpina

Connecticut.

I have sole custody, and I have by court granted relocation overseas with my daughter. The father quit his job last week, and he had been discount from his paycheck and State were depositing directly in a debit card to me. So, now I am leaving... What will happen to the child support for her? Can you still contact from overseas CT court of chid support enforcement?

It honestly depends on where you're locating.

Many countries have reciprocal agreements with the US when it comes to enforcing US-originating court orders.

nextwife

What sort of custody do you have? Has the court, or dad, agreed about a move out of the country for the child??

Dad missing a week (or a month) of CS payments is not permission to leave the US.

Just Blue

What sort of custody do you have? Has the court, or dad, agreed about a move out of the country for the child??

Dad missing a week (or a month) of CS payments is not permission to leave the US.
and I have by court granted relocation overseas with my daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">