• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support enforcement unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

I have a question regarding the CSEU. Daughters father hasnt paid since Dec 2005. I received a small amount from his tax refund(about the amount of 2 weekly obligations) nothing big and hes still well over $2500 behind (more than 4 months behind- the time when they do the drivers license suspension). Well I called the case worker last week and asked him if they were still following through with the drivers license suspension warning letter. He said her dad called him and gave the Workmans comp/insurance carrier info so they were going to wait. I explained to them well if hes receiving payments already he should be liable to send in, case worker said her dad was getting payments already and agreed he should send in money and for me to give him a call next week (meaning this week) and he will see what he could do or call him or them.

So I call this week. He says no we are not sending it out now, not until they hear from this company. Some crap about its the law etc, they have to give them a month before they do anything. Well obviously he (her father) wont send anything until they garnish it he did this back last yr when the magistrate told him to send the payments to the unit until the garnishment started (he didnt send a dime). By that time he will either have a new job working again and or court will be here. This guy seems like hes untouchable. The case worker said something about what if he (my daughters father) sends it and they already took it out, well he receives the payments (obviously if he knew they didnt garnish it he would know and have that extra money to send to the unit to keep his license). I know if they warn him of the suspension he will send a payment.

I know a guy who was $800 behind but he was at least paying some every week and he had his license suspended. Its bull crap. What can I do is there any one I can talk to to find out if this guy is giving me the run around? I thought i read on a site posted in one of the sits that listed the administrative actions that they still continue with the actions unless tehre is a payment by income execution. There has been no payment yet, and

I want to know if this case working is lying to me. Her dad could be lying about getting workmans comp and just trying to buy himself some time who knows. I dont think they should be able to believe him without any proof or etc.

BL

hes still well over $2500 behind (more than 4 months behind- the time when they do the drivers license suspension)
You should try and contact The head honcho , there , but usually they don't give you the time of day .

Have you ever filed contempt ?

Blonde Lebinese said:
You should try and contact The head honcho , there , but usually they don't give you the time of day .

Have you ever filed contempt ?
This guy used to be ok with me and was trying to help me but now he seems to be on her fathersside after her father called him. It would be pretty funny when the Workmans comp stuff doesnt pan out and hes proven to be a liar.

No my lawyer suggested waiting until his hearing for a downward modification is settled.
Something about her father doing what hes legally supposed to do by law waiting for the support unit to garnish his pay and filing for modification.

But I have new news. My lawyer talked to his previous boss. The boss told a different story and will testify on our behalf as a witness. He said he heard my daughters father went to work for another constuction company and hasnt heard anything about the workmans comp case against the insurance carrier (and the boss/owner would know because it goes against the company since he was injured at that job). He also said he quit by telephone over the weekend not during a confrontation in which her fatehr states the boss was going to hit him and raised his fist to him. So my lawyer believes this may question his credibility and the judge could side with me. Her father has no witnesses just his say and testimony, no lawyer no anything. Her fatehr was also suppsoed to have WC papers sent to the court and my lawyer before today was over. So who knows when I talked to my lawyer he hadnt received anythin yet but could have arrived later on.

But if the boss says no claim was made then her father is also lying to the support unit case worker becuase he told him a big fake story (possibly in an attempt to get paying process delayed hoping he would be successful in the support modification hearing).

In 2 weeks I will call the case worker back. He said to call before I go back to court to get an update. So I will tell him all this when I call.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">