• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support evasion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liltink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

My ex husband is nearly 7000 behind paying near 300. He has not supported his kids since his income tax in 2010 paid some of his back pay. He does not pay medical not even reimbursing half of the medical bills when they were on Chips. The attorney general filled a motion but because they put down the wrong court address nothing has been done. He is on probation but that does not help. Here can I get help from. I haven't received helpful words from my attorney either.

Antigone*

My ex husband is nearly 7000 behind paying near 300. He has not supported his kids since his income tax in 2010 paid some of his back pay. He does not pay medical not even reimbursing half of the medical bills when they were on Chips. The attorney general filled a motion but because they put down the wrong court address nothing has been done. He is on probation but that does not help. Here can I get help from. I haven't received helpful words from my attorney either.
Sometimes no matter what you do, a dead beat will always be a dead beat.

mistoffolees

There's no magic wand. Work with the Attorney General to file again with the correct address. That's really your best shot.

It is possible to have your own attorney file for contempt, but it's rarely worth the trouble. While that may be a little faster than relying on the AG, it costs you money - and probably won't get any better results in the long run.

Just call the AG's office and ask what you need to do to help them to re-file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">