• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support from father outside the usa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicymixbabe

i'm in florida and my child's father resides in south america...he has assets here totallinbg millions...he visits the usa at least once a year..i want to know if there is anything i can do to have the law enforced on him...thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
i'm in florida and my child's father resides in south america...he has assets here totallinbg millions...he visits the usa at least once a year..i want to know if there is anything i can do to have the law enforced on him...thanks!
What law are you referring to?

Proserpina

Let's start with:

1. Is he the child's legal father?

2. Are there any court orders in place?

3. WHERE exactly does he live?

spicymixbabe

he gives me 500 dollars per month for my daughter and she is 15. before may of this year he used to give me 350! despicable!

spicymixbabe

1. Is he the child's legal father? yes he is

2. Are there any court orders in place? no, i have never filed for support, i had to make do with what he gave me

3. WHERE exactly does he live? guyana

Proserpina

1. Is he the child's legal father? yes he is

2. Are there any court orders in place? no, i have never filed for support, i had to make do with what he gave me

3. WHERE exactly does he live? guyana

1. Okay.

2. Then he's never been legally obliged to pay a single cent of child support - you're lucky you've received ANYTHING.

3. Here's your problem. You have to file for child support. And to do that, you have to be able to have Dad served. Good luck getting that done in Guyana.

Since you're already getting money from him, I'm not entirely sure what you think you'll accomplish.

There would be, I think, a most EXCELLENT chance of him simply stopping the cash flow and leaving you with nothing.

Just Blue

he gives me 500 dollars per month for my daughter and she is 15. before may of this year he used to give me 350! despicable!
So he is a bad man for giving you more money...without a court order to do so?

Last edited by a moderator:

spicymixbabe

blue meanie u only have a few details of my situation...i was looking for advice, not criticism...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">