• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Figuring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoodlum

What is the name of your state? Indiana I have a question concerning child support. Where I work full-time status is 32 hours per week. Most places it would be 40. I am guaranteed 32 but not 40. In the last two years my tax returns have been within $100.00 of each other.

Here’s my question. How will they figure my gross pay? Will they go by my tax returns or so many check stubs? I took my hours for each year an averaged them. It came out to 36 per week.

NotSoNew

each state/county/judge is different on what they require as proof of income. in our case they went off of my husbands paystubs and took the year to date total and divided it by the number of weeks in the year as of that paystub date. had it been before the 1/2 way mark of the year they require tax returns from the previous year. My husbands work week is 36 hours for full time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">