• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisav

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Rhode Island

What would a Rhode Island Court charge someone with for accepting child support under false pretenses.

The court ordered continued child support for my 18 almost nineteen year old son because he dropped out of school in 2003-4 school year then went back to school September 2004. (He turned 18 in October 2004) My ex relocated to Virginia in November 2004 from Rhode Island.

My son has NOT attended school since their move.

From what I am told neither my ex or my son work, she is home all day and he is hanging out all day.

I consider this taking child support under false pretenses or is there another name for it?

casa

lisav said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Rhode Island

What would a Rhode Island Court charge someone with for accepting child support under false pretenses.

The court ordered continued child support for my 18 almost nineteen year old son because he dropped out of school in 2003-4 school year then went back to school September 2004. (He turned 18 in October 2004) My ex relocated to Virginia in November 2004 from Rhode Island.

My son has NOT attended school since their move.

From what I am told neither my ex or my son work, she is home all day and he is hanging out all day.

I consider this taking child support under false pretenses or is there another name for it?
Are you still in RI? If so, file to cease child support based on the fact that the child is not attending school & is over the age of 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">