• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddie1964

What is the name of your state? illinois I've been divorced for about 15 years now. I got married because I thought I had gotten my then girlfriend pregnant. She made me believe it was mine, along with her family. That baby is now 22 years old and I found out a few days ago from the second child that "Shawn" isnt mine and that right after Shawn turned 18 he was introduced to his real dad. The second child told me he had entered his mother's house and she said "Mike , I'd like you to meet Shawn's real dad." I havent seen Shawn for nearly 15 years but still payed child support because I believed he was mine.We had 3 children all together before the divorce and at one time I payed $225.00 a week for child support. My question is , is there anyway I can get her to pay back money , because in my eyes she committed fraud. Mike has told me he would go to court over this because he said this wasn't right

Shawna

eddie1964 said:
What is the name of your state? illinois I've been divorced for about 15 years now. I got married because I thought I had gotten my then girlfriend pregnant. She made me believe it was mine, along with her family. That baby is now 22 years old and I found out a few days ago from the second child that "Shawn" isnt mine and that right after Shawn turned 18 he was introduced to his real dad. The second child told me he had entered his mother's house and she said "Mike , I'd like you to meet Shawn's real dad." I havent seen Shawn for nearly 15 years but still payed child support because I believed he was mine.We had 3 children all together before the divorce and at one time I payed $225.00 a week for child support. My question is , is there anyway I can get her to pay back money , because in my eyes she committed fraud. Mike has told me he would go to court over this because he said this wasn't right
I'm sorry to say OP, but you may not have any recourse. It's been 15 years. Besides that in many states if you are married to the mother you are assumed the biological father of the child. Talk to a lawyer, but it seems very doubtful.:(

fairisfair

eddie1964 said:
this case may help you

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168632,00.html

E

eme76

ok...not legal anything but....

eddie1964 said:
WOW...what a skank for never telling you
I hope you don't hold it against the kid/s though...IMHO-if you raised and/or loved them they're yours

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">