• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextwife

Wonderful answer!! My knowledge of this is the simple fact that regardless if it is through child support action or not the amount would still be reduced. Correct? When the non-custodial, (child support paying parent) has other biological children with someone else the ORS automatically takes this into consideration.

Your child support would automatically decrease and certain things would affect this change ie: his insurance premium that he pays now for his other child/children, daycare expenses that must be paid for the child/children as well as the state would "free" up enough money from his CS obligation to ensure that he has enough money to support the other children.

Seems to me the outcome would be the same either way since those are normal deductions that would occur. I agree that food stamps and such would be illegal. The "other" woman collecting child support from the father is covering her butt. Smart woman. Great decision!! His children with this other woman, as well as his future children should not have to suffer either just because he had a child with you first. Seems to me as though he is taking care of his responsibilities and financially being responsible for ALL his children-feel lucky. They all deserve the same, with the information you provided I believe he is doing just that.
If she's not married, they could break up in an instant. There is no court process to manage non-married break ups.It is wise for a party having children, especially outside of marriege, to have the protection of a CS order in place. That way, they are set if they ever break up, without needing to go through the machinations.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This doesn't seem really fair. If I have a child with someone and pay support, what incentive do I have to marry the mother of my next child? I can have my new baby's mother file for child support, get the first child's payment reduced, and then my second child's mother can take the support I pay and put back into our household. It seems like a scam to me, especially because you cannot do this if you marry the mother of your second child. Am I right? Support is not reduced if you have a second child within wedlock, but if you have a second child out of wedlock, support for the first child can be reduced. Doesn't seem fair to me.
Did you READ HER OTHER THREAD????

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So, isn't goodmom0723 sorta being scammed by her ex? He is getting his support on her children reduced, and the new support he's paying to lower the first support is an illusion. Yet numerous people have posted to this thread and accused her of being bitter, trying to take Dad to the cleaners, etc. It seems to me she's only trying to prevent him from dodging part of the support he's dutybound to pay to their children. Why the need to dump on the OP? She is not out of line to ask this question, IMO.
No goodmom is not being scammed. And based on her other threads I am not too sure she is a goodmom. I think she is a bitter mom.

From what I understand if you are living with the father of your child you are not allowed to collect child support from them - My understanding is that this is against the law. Have I been misinformed?

Not true. My XH and I seperated in Jan of 05 had a visitation order and Child support order put into place through the courts. We then reconciled and me and my daughter moved back in with him in May of 05. I was NOT working at that time so obviously he was the sole supporter and didn't pay the CS to me because we were living together. We then seperated in June of 06 and he was ordered to pay back pay for the months that we had reconciledJan through May. I am posting this simply to say no it is not against the law to be living with someone and still collect child support, because had he continued her wouldn't have been $1800 in arrears.

TinkerBelleLuvr

IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WHERE THIS OP IS FROM:

They take prior court ordered child support that is being paid into account for subsequent orders. Now, if the OP had been diligent of chasing the NCP and getting the scoop on his ability to work, she might have been in a position to garner a different child support order.

Now, she COULD go back to court and have the courts take into consideration the SAME income that was used for the other child support order. It may or may not change the order itself.

SnowandIceGuy

Did you READ HER OTHER THREAD????
COULD YOU LINK TO IT??????? Because as you can see, I am new here. I checked the first five pages of threads on this forum and didn't see any other threads started by her, so NO, I DID NOT READ THE OTHER THREAD. And I don't understand why you can't just answer her question and not impute motives, be judgmental, or chastise her. Seems, based on this thread, which is all I've read, like she asked a worthwhile question based on her children's best interests.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
COULD YOU LINK TO IT??????? Because as you can see, I am new here. I checked the first five pages of threads on this forum and didn't see any other threads started by her, so NO, I DID NOT READ THE OTHER THREAD. And I don't understand why you can't just answer her question and not impute motives, be judgmental, or chastise her. Seems, based on this thread, which is all I've read, like she asked a worthwhile question based on her children's best interests.
In one of the OP's post, click on her name. A drop-down will appear and allow you to search for all posts by that person

SnowandIceGuy

In one of the OP's post, click on her name. A drop-down will appear and allow you to search for all posts by that person
Thanks. So the other thread is about how her ex injured her child, she reported it, and she wants to know what will happen next. Then Ohiogal jumps all over her with all kinds of accusations of motives. What is with the hostility? Is this Free Legal Advice or is it Free Abuse? Seems like the negativity flows very easily.

CourtClerk

Thanks. So the other thread is about how her ex injured her child, she reported it, and she wants to know what will happen next. Then Ohiogal jumps all over her with all kinds of accusations of motives. What is with the hostility? Is this Free Legal Advice or is it Free Abuse? Seems like the negativity flows very easily.
Anytime you do not like the responses, you are free to go find a forum where you like the responses better. It's a free world. Again about choices. You have the choice to stay or the choice to leave. You have a choice to read the responses or not. You have the choice to have more children and deal with the consequences of whether or not your child support will be reduced or not.

SnowandIceGuy

Anytime you do not like the responses, you are free to go find a forum where you like the responses better. It's a free world. Again about choices. You have the choice to stay or the choice to leave. You have a choice to read the responses or not. You have the choice to have more children and deal with the consequences of whether or not your child support will be reduced or not.
And Ohiogal has the choice of whether to make character judgments on people based on their requests for legal advice and to verbally abuse them, or to just answer the question and not assume information about people. You support her choice to be nasty, and I choose to disagree with it. If you don't like what I'm saying, you can choose not to read my posts. Isn't freedom of choice grand?

CourtClerk

And Ohiogal has the choice of whether to make character judgments on people based on their requests for legal advice and to verbally abuse them, or to just answer the question and not assume information about people.
She sure does have the choice and she's made that choice. If you don't like it, don't like it...
You support her choice to be nasty, and I choose to disagree with it. If you don't like what I'm saying, you can choose not to read my posts. Isn't freedom of choice grand?
I CHOOSE to respond to anything I want. How bout them choices. You made a comment, I responded. If you don't want a response... don't make the comment on a PUBLIC FORUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">