• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support for G-kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NashvilleRider

What is the name of your state? Great state of North Carolina

Hello to everyone, especially those who have answered my questions in the past!!

I have a son who had two children with his first wife. They are seven and five. At this time the mother has full custody. My son pays child support monthly just like he is obligated to.

My question is how the money is being handled. Both are enrolled in elementary school, and according to them they sleep at their mothers parents during the week since the g-mother takes them to school. They don't have a bedroom to sleep in. Their mother also had a child with another man and she lives with the g-parents full time. So my g-kids have to sleep on a couch and recliner.

My son's ex gets the support checks, but actually the g-kids are living full time with her parents. Her oldest child lives full time with her parents, but she collects the child support.

Also the ex adopted a baby shortly before the divorce was final. We feel that a lot of the money is being used for the care of the infant and the new lifestyle of the ex.

What is anything can be done??

I await your answer!

Dan

LdiJ

NashvilleRider said:
What is the name of your state? Great state of North Carolina

Hello to everyone, especially those who have answered my questions in the past!!

I have a son who had two children with his first wife. They are seven and five. At this time the mother has full custody. My son pays child support monthly just like he is obligated to.

My question is how the money is being handled. Both are enrolled in elementary school, and according to them they sleep at their mothers parents during the week since the g-mother takes them to school. They don't have a bedroom to sleep in. Their mother also had a child with another man and she lives with the g-parents full time. So my g-kids have to sleep on a couch and recliner.

My son's ex gets the support checks, but actually the g-kids are living full time with her parents. Her oldest child lives full time with her parents, but she collects the child support.

Also the ex adopted a baby shortly before the divorce was final. We feel that a lot of the money is being used for the care of the infant and the new lifestyle of the ex.

What is anything can be done??

I await your answer!

Dan
If the kids are being provided for...have a roof over their heads and the basic necessities then your son has no basis to challenge how child support is spent.

However....if he has hard, cold evidence that the children are living with the grandparents rather than the mother, (long term..not just for a short time) he might have a basis to challenge custody.

LdiJ said:
If the kids are being provided for...have a roof over their heads and the basic necessities then your son has no basis to challenge how child support is spent.

However....if he has hard, cold evidence that the children are living with the grandparents rather than the mother, (long term..not just for a short time) he might have a basis to challenge custody.
Does it really matter if they are living with the grandparents if mom is living their too?

"Their mother also had a child with another man and she lives with the g-parents full time. "

Edited to add: Maybe I'm confused who the she is in that sentence, mom or the other child.

NashvilleRider

LdiJ said:

Thanks for your answer....since everyone works for a living the only hard, cold evidence is what the kids have told us. They don't talk about it much unless you draw them out, but you can tell by the way they talk and their body language that they are telling the truth.

Anyone else??

Thanks!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
NashvilleRider said:
Thanks for your answer....since everyone works for a living the only hard, cold evidence is what the kids have told us. They don't talk about it much unless you draw them out, but you can tell by the way they talk and their body language that they are telling the truth.

Anyone else??

Thanks!!
And the problem with it is you are DRAWING IT OUT OF THEM! Quit that. It is not your business what is going on and a court will not be happy with seeing that you as the grandparents are interrogating the kids.

LdiJ

Ithildriel said:
Does it really matter if they are living with the grandparents if mom is living their too?

"Their mother also had a child with another man and she lives with the g-parents full time. "

Edited to add: Maybe I'm confused who the she is in that sentence, mom or the other child.
I took that to mean the other child...not the mom,

LdiJ

Ohiogal said:
And the problem with it is you are DRAWING IT OUT OF THEM! Quit that. It is not your business what is going on and a court will not be happy with seeing that you as the grandparents are interrogating the kids.
No kidding!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">