• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support health benefits order NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My husband was ordered to provide health benefits for the child. I am providing benefits through my job for the child. I also provide for my own child and do not want the woman to have my son's name or information so I sent her a copy of the card with my son's name blocked off, and all other information and books on the policy. She has her own insurance for the child and is not using ours because she said that we didn't give her an acutal card. She said she went back to child support and they will be in contact with my husband. Is a copy of the card sufficient? All they do at the doctor's office is take a copy of the card anyway. Thank you

MtnMoon

lvermillion said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My husband was ordered to provide health benefits for the child. I am providing benefits through my job for the child. I also provide for my own child and do not want the woman to have my son's name or information so I sent her a copy of the card with my son's name blocked off, and all other information and books on the policy. She has her own insurance for the child and is not using ours because she said that we didn't give her an acutal card. She said she went back to child support and they will be in contact with my husband. Is a copy of the card sufficient? All they do at the doctor's office is take a copy of the card anyway. Thank you
Call your insurance carrier and request a card for your step-child. Ask them to please exclude your son's information from the card. It is quite possible for them to do that. Contrary to what you might think, many medical and dental offices require the actual insurance card...not just a copy of it. It's all right for them to make a copy of the card for their records...but they usually (and rightly so) require the actual physical card. Copies can be altered.

Hope this info helps! :)

MominNJ

re

Why the issue with giving her the card with your childs name on it? Why do you feel so threatened about her knowing his name?
Her child could just as easily tell her what your childs name is. If you are concerned about her getting private health info about your child, there are laws that protect that.

The woman showed up after 8yrs with this child. My husband had a paternity suit issued....after 8yrs! My husband does not feel like this is his child (in spite of a positive paternity test)and therefore wants no contact with the child or the mother. I must respect his wishes. She also tried to get an order of protection on him stemming from their relationship 9yrs ago (which was eventually denied after we appeared in court). I don't trust her or her motives after all of these years. I don't think that she has any right to know about my child (from my first marraige or even his name or last name) Isn't that my right? And my son's right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
lvermillion said:
The woman showed up after 8yrs with this child. My husband had a paternity suit issued....after 8yrs! My husband does not feel like this is his child (in spite of a positive paternity test)and therefore wants no contact with the child or the mother. I must respect his wishes. She also tried to get an order of protection on him stemming from their relationship 9yrs ago (which was eventually denied after we appeared in court). I don't trust her or her motives after all of these years. I don't think that she has any right to know about my child (from my first marraige or even his name or last name) Isn't that my right? And my son's right?
So your husband is going to punish the child for making a lousy choice in who he slept with? Nice.

Actually it's the mother who punished the child for having a child out of wedlock! It was her choice now wasn't it? If a woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to be a mother, shouldn't a man have the right to choose whether or not he wants to be a father??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yes, it was about the insurance card - you brought up the other stuff. Sorry, Daddy had his say when he slept with her. Poor kid. Neither parent is worthy of the title.

Well, I didn't bring it up, someone asked what the issue was about giving the card with my sons name on it. And by the way, my husband is a GREAT father to his son(from his MARRIAGE) and to my son, so your comment about him not being worthy is wrong. Listen, I am a woman and I know both sides of the coin. He provides child support for both of his children and is a great husband and father. I think that the mother has to take fault with the choices she made. She knew he did not want a child with her or to raise a child with her so it was for her own selfish reasons that she wanted that child and she knew the child would not have a father.....so...it's all about choices isn't it?? And unfortunately the children are left in the middle...so throw the blame at the mother...not the father on this one!

LdiJ

lvermillion said:
Well, I didn't bring it up, someone asked what the issue was about giving the card with my sons name on it. And by the way, my husband is a GREAT father to his son(from his MARRIAGE) and to my son, so your comment about him not being worthy is wrong. Listen, I am a woman and I know both sides of the coin. He provides child support for both of his children and is a great husband and father. I think that the mother has to take fault with the choices she made. She knew he did not want a child with her or to raise a child with her so it was for her own selfish reasons that she wanted that child and she knew the child would not have a father.....so...it's all about choices isn't it?? And unfortunately the children are left in the middle...so throw the blame at the mother...not the father on this one!
Look, you are going to have to provide the woman a valid insurance card. Either you bite the bullet and do it.....or you tell your husband to go out and get his own insurance policy for the child instead of including the child on your's.

Unless we are forced to, she is only getting a valid copy! The documents say he must provide a duplicate insurance card...a duplicate can be a copy. She is already carrying her own insurance for the child anyway. Let her continue using her own! We only have a copy of my stepson's insurance card and never had any problems using that at the doctors! If she really needed the insurance, she would use the copy wouldn't she??? I told her if the doctor's office had any questions or needed further information they should call me. By the way, she is ticked off because I provide the insurance and not my husband....too bad isn't it!

stealth, you can blame whoever you want, that isn't really any concern of mine...who's concerned that my husband now has to work around the clock to pay for this XTRA child support and doesn't have any time to spend with his children??? No one right...only feeling sorry for the poor kid without a father, not the poor kids who do have a father who never get to see him...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
lvermillion said:
The documents say he must provide a duplicate insurance card...a duplicate can be a copy.
Card != Photocopy.

And yes, I do sympathize with the other kids he has. However, he does not get to completely walk away from this kid, either. We makes our choices, and we pays our price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">