• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support held in ABEYANCE?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jstlivin

What is the name of your state? WV
How long can child support be held in abeyance? Does the missed payments have to be back paid? Please answer...

jstlivin

The court order states that until there is a reveiw? How long can that be? Until the NCP decides? It does not give anything further?

Gracie3787

The court order states that until there is a reveiw? How long can that be? Until the NCP decides? It does not give anything further?
No one can really answer because we don't know exactly what the order states, when it was filed/ordered, or who filed it and why.

Is the CSE agency involved in the case? If so, your caseworker will be able to answer better than anyone not involved in the case.

jstlivin

Thank you, the order was set aug.31,2007 CSE has no idea and has no notes as to why either, just that is was stopped. I called them first when I did not receive the monney. Because I was not informed in court that this would be an issue.. I found out when I got my papers in the mail. Thanks

LdiJ

Thank you, the order was set aug.31,2007 CSE has no idea and has no notes as to why either, just that is was stopped. I called them first when I did not receive the monney. Because I was not informed in court that this would be an issue.. I found out when I got my papers in the mail. Thanks
Look....you have your papers, we don't. We can't tell you what they mean or give you any advice unless we know, WORD FOR WORD what they say.

Either take the papers to a local attorney for an opinion, or type out WORD FOR WORD here, what they say. Not your paraphrase of what they say, but WORD FOR WORD.

Gracie3787

Look....you have your papers, we don't. We can't tell you what they mean or give you any advice unless we know, WORD FOR WORD what they say.

Either take the papers to a local attorney for an opinion, or type out WORD FOR WORD here, what they say. Not your paraphrase of what they say, but WORD FOR WORD.
If the OP does post the exact wording, it will also help if the OP will post the reason that an abeyance was requested. (if not stated in the order).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">