• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support help needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nowaaay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have two kids and pay child support. I was paying "x" dollars per week based on having a certain job plus no time with the children (because I was out if town) and they needed Childcare.

In August 2010, I filed a motion for modification because I lost that job. My ex wife turned her paperwork in in November 2010 and more papers in February 2011.

Our courtdate was November 2011 and I was told that the courts could not retro from the date that I filed in August 2010.

Now I am behind but since 2010, I haven't made that kind of money.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have two kids and pay child support. I was paying "x" dollars per week based on having a certain job plus no time with the children (because I was out if town) and they needed Childcare.

In August 2010, I filed a motion for modification because I lost that job. My ex wife turned her paperwork in in November 2010 and more papers in February 2011.

Our courtdate was November 2011 and I was told that the courts could not retro from the date that I filed in August 2010.

Now I am behind but since 2010, I haven't made that kind of money.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.
who told you the court could not retro the amount from the date you filed the modification?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">