• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Hole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

double l

What is the name of your state? TN. I'm trying to get a mod but keep being denied my child support is 210. a week(the amount was based on the amount i made when i lived in Ohio since then i have been divorced and moved back to Tn to be with my parents and and children, but they dont want to be with me and refuse visits) i only make 9.17 an hour working @ La-z-boy (she works on the same floor as the child support office next to the rep and makes 11. an hour). I went to court yesterday and was denied a mod AGAIN, the child support rep told me i should have stayed in Ohio! And that she would deny me every time, that i should just give up, but i cant. They gave me a purge payment of 1000. by 6/1 and another 1000. by 7/1 or 90 days in jail. I've been paying what support i can, I,ve been mailing 50% of what i make in every week and caring insurance (thatjust gives me enough to get by) but its not 210. so i just keep getting behind. I need help quickly. What can i do.

BelizeBreeze

double l said:
What is the name of your state? TN. I'm trying to get a mod but keep being denied my child support is 210. a week(the amount was based on the amount i made when i lived in Ohio since then i have been divorced and moved back to Tn to be with my parents and and children, but they dont want to be with me and refuse visits) i only make 9.17 an hour working @ La-z-boy (she works on the same floor as the child support office next to the rep and makes 11. an hour). I went to court yesterday and was denied a mod AGAIN, the child support rep told me i should have stayed in Ohio! And that she would deny me every time, that i should just give up, but i cant. They gave me a purge payment of 1000. by 6/1 and another 1000. by 7/1 or 90 days in jail. I've been paying what support i can, I,ve been mailing 50% of what i make in every week and caring insurance (thatjust gives me enough to get by) but its not 210. so i just keep getting behind. I need help quickly. What can i do.
Why are you dealing with the Child support office? File a motion to modify with the COURT! And the next time you deal with this 'person', take along a small tape recorder and before dealing with them again, place it on the desk in front of you and turn it on, state the date and time of the interview and then proceed to ask them why they stated previously that you 'may as well give up'.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So... which state is the order out of? When you moved, was there a reduction in income? Who has custody of the kids?

MrsK

BelizeBreeze said:
Why are you dealing with the Child support office? File a motion to modify with the COURT! And the next time you deal with this 'person', take along a small tape recorder and before dealing with them again, place it on the desk in front of you and turn it on, state the date and time of the interview and then proceed to ask them why they stated previously that you 'may as well give up'.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking...go to court, they will hopefully be FAIR with you.

double l said:
He said he went to the court and was denied again. Apparently the CSE was at the court when he was there.

GrowUp!

outragedMOM said:
He said he went to the court and was denied again. Apparently the CSE was at the court when he was there.
People many times, think they are the same, when they're not. Even IF CSEA is located in the court house, CSEA are bound by Admin. Law and can only do mods if they meet the guidelines within the statutes. Courts have more leeway for modifications that are not granted to CSEA's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">