• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woodie71112

I pay child support through the state of Arkansas. I recently got a letter in the mail of my son's mother requesting an increase by the Arkansas office. But, my son and his mother have lived in the state of Louisiana for the past two years. Shouldn't she have to go through the state of Louisiana for that and not Arkansas since that is her new residency?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I pay child support through the state of Arkansas. I recently got a letter in the mail of my son's mother requesting an increase by the Arkansas office. But, my son and his mother have lived in the state of Louisiana for the past two years. Shouldn't she have to go through the state of Louisiana for that and not Arkansas since that is her new residency?
She may have contacted the Louisiana CSE and they would've contacted the Arkansas CSE for assistance in contacting you. Or, it may be up for auto-review.

woodie71112

Reqest by Mother

No, in the letter it stated a request by the mother, which lets me know she contacted them? Is that right even though she lives in another state.

mabrown1994

I do not have a legal answer to your question... In the case as with my son, my divorce & child support order took place in Illinois. I currently reside in Indiana, at one point I had tried to go through IN (because it's the state I live in) for child support enforcement. They told me I had to go through the state that the divorce & original order for support were filed. Could be the same in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">