• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support/insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nurse2849

What is the name of your state? ohio
My child has very little (virtually none) contact with me. I am responsible for child support until he graduates in June of this year. How long do I have to continue to carry health insurance on him? It will cost me more to continue after that, because I am retiring and will need to pay the entire premium for him. Am I obligated by law?What is the name of your state?

Neal1421

Nurse2849 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio
My child has very little (virtually none) contact with me. I am responsible for child support until he graduates in June of this year. How long do I have to continue to carry health insurance on him? It will cost me more to continue after that, because I am retiring and will need to pay the entire premium for him. Am I obligated by law?What is the name of your state?
You are only required to pay insurance for the child until he turns 18 or finishes high school. It's the same as it is with child support.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Neal1421 said:
You are only required to pay insurance for the child until he turns 18 or finishes high school. It's the same as it is with child support.
Not necessarily. It depends on the order. If the order doesn't say how long then it defaults to the law which is 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">