• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support and Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TSwear1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico.

My ex and I have had an amicable divorce for the past 11 years. Our son is now 17 and requested to move with me from New Mexico to Utah. My ex would not allow him to move even though the parent plan, which we both signed, states that our son could decide where he wanted to live when he turned 14. My son abandoned his jeep which was a gift from his paternal grandfather and left the state on his own. Now my ex-husband wants me to pay for our son's insurance. Our divorce decree clearly states that he is responsible for the insurance payments. What recourse do I have for the next 2 years of high school. (yes, my son has 2 years left.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico.

My ex and I have had an amicable divorce for the past 11 years. Our son is now 17 and requested to move with me from New Mexico to Utah. My ex would not allow him to move even though the parent plan, which we both signed, states that our son could decide where he wanted to live when he turned 14. My son abandoned his jeep which was a gift from his paternal grandfather and left the state on his own. Now my ex-husband wants me to pay for our son's insurance. Our divorce decree clearly states that he is responsible for the insurance payments. What recourse do I have for the next 2 years of high school. (yes, my son has 2 years left.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Give us the exact wording of the part that says the child can decide where he wants to live.

Also, give us the exact wording of the part about who pays for insurance.

Word for word, but without names in both cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">