• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awisecarver

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Ohio

I have 2 boys and their father received his second notice that he is losing his license again and he is found to be in contempt of court. He has been harassing my fiance who I do not live with yet and has threatened to make our lives miserable and cannot see why he should be responsible for paying his support which is in arreages for over a year. I feel my options are limited to ignoring the problem and deal with his threats or act upon them and seek an attorney to discuss him signing over his rights. Please advise.

djohnson

Visitation and parental rights is a totally different issue than child support and harrassment. It would not be enoungh anyway. If someone else is willing to take over the responsibility and he is willing to give up custody then the judge can approve it. Otherwise trying to get his legal rights taken away will be a slim chance. If he is harrassing get a restraining order. Otherwise go thru the legal steps on the past due child support. There is nothing else you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">