• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

red rose

What is the name of your state?ar
This isnt all since the divorcee just over 3 months ago the ex has remarried and has a new baby on the way will this effect our divorcee agrement?

Gracie3787

red rose said:
This isnt all since the divorcee just over 3 months ago the ex has remarried and has a new baby on the way will this effect our divorcee agrement?

You locked the thread you started titled "Help with child support issues", so no one can post a reply there.

Your ex is correct about the 50% limit on garnishment. The Consumer Credit Protection Act places a limit of 50% for an obligor if there is a second family, and if support is in arrears 12 weeks or longer, the limit is 55 % until arrears caught up.

The new wife and baby won't affect the divorce agreement at all. Some states do consider subsequent children, I don't know if Ar. is one or not, however, since there is an agreement for CS based on his income to begin in 2 years, that shouldn't be an issue now.

Phnx02

red rose said:
Your first post/thread is closed.....don't know why. I don't know AR law, but your ex could be right......my ex's wages are garnished and on the bottom of the order to withold, after it specifies the exact amount to withold each payday, it says: "The total withheld amount cannot exceed 50% of the employee's/obligor's aggregate disposable weekly earnings". I believe this is protection for the employee so if for some reason his earnings decrease, he will still get paid at least half his earnings after the garnishment.

New baby: This will not affect your current order unless he gets it modified to include the extra expsenes of another child to support. If he does this, unless his income has increased, your CS will probably decrease.

red rose

Phnx02 said:
Your first post/thread is closed.....don't know why. I don't know AR law, but your ex could be right......my ex's wages are garnished and on the bottom of the order to withold, after it specifies the exact amount to withold each payday, it says: "The total withheld amount cannot exceed 50% of the employee's/obligor's aggregate disposable weekly earnings". I believe this is protection for the employee so if for some reason his earnings decrease, he will still get paid at least half his earnings after the garnishment.

New baby: This will not affect your current order unless he gets it modified to include the extra expsenes of another child to support. If he does this, unless his income has increased, your CS will probably decrease.
Thanks to you both for the info!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">