• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4kidzmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

live in florida and my son needs help with child support issues and wants to get a visitation order in place how much will this cost? He is unemployed and I make less than 35000 a year. He is 21 and is behind in child support and the mother of the child only lets him see her when he manages to pay consistently . he has lost his license numerous times and is in jail now because of it and will be out in three months. His payment is $300 a month and he is about 10k in arrears the child will be three soon. Also if he wanted to surrender his parental rights since he can not see her anyway and cannot pay will this relinquish his financial responsibility? Can the child support get reduced and can the location of hearing in court be changed ?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

live in florida and my son needs help with child support issues and wants to get a visitation order in place how much will this cost? He is unemployed and I make less than 35000 a year. He is 21 and is behind in child support and the mother of the child only lets him see her when he manages to pay consistently . he has lost his license numerous times and is in jail now because of it and will be out in three months. His payment is $300 a month and he is about 10k in arrears the child will be three soon. Also if he wanted to surrender his parental rights since he can not see her anyway and cannot pay will this relinquish his financial responsibility? Can the child support get reduced and can the location of hearing in court be changed ?
He cannot surrender his parental rights unless Mom is married and her husband wants to adopt.

Court is held in the child's jurisdiction, so he won't be able to get that changed, either.

You can share this link when he gets out of the pokey.
http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/

Just Blue

You must be so proud!! Congrats on the stellar son. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">