• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KStone2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nevada (The case is California based)

Hello, I am trying to find out how to arrange mediation for child support between my ex-wife & I. I have very little income, and the amount on the divorce decree is far beyond my capabilities.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nevada (The case is California based)

Hello, I am trying to find out how to arrange mediation for child support between my ex-wife & I. I have very little income, and the amount on the divorce decree is far beyond my capabilities.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Before doing anything, run the calculator for your state:
Calculate Child Support

If the calculator comes up with a number close to what the divorce decree says, then you're probably not going to get it changed - mediator or not. If the calculator comes up with a number much lower than what the decree says, then you may be able to ask for a modification. How old is the decree and has your income changed since the decree was issued?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">