• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dee1228

What is the name of your state? California

I recently posted about going to court back in July for Modification. The judge ordered that the X's attorney was to prepare the order. Well the idiot still hasn't done so and now my child support is back to the way it was before.

I took in a copy of the Minute Order to Child Support Services and just recieved a letter stating that they are "Unable to enforce as the order states "Mr. Kilpatrick to prepare Order after Hearing". We must have the completed ordedr after the hearing to proceed with any changes to the case.

So now I have NO Idea what to do, it also states that I may contact the County Clerk Family Law Division to obtain a copy of the order, but they don't even have it if he hasn't prepared it????Right?????

I called his attorney and his sec. answered and she was so rude to me and treated my like crap all she did was ask for my name and his clients name, and man she had an attitude.

I just need to know what I can do???? Also would this Attorney be in Contempt of court for not following the Judges orders?

Thank you for listening to me rant. :D :confused:

BL

Why not try calling the chief clerk of the court ? or the Judges secretary ?

Last edited:

Dee1228

Re: Calling Judges Sec.

I could try that, what exactly should I tell them? I am not even sure where to start with all of this, I just know its a pain in the rear.

BL

Give her your name and case # , tell her the other parties lawyer has not complied to draw it up yet. Ask her if she could pass it along to the Judge ,and let you know what's up ?

Also, call the chief clerk and find out if this amount of time is routine . He/she may ck . into it too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">