• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momo1998

What is the name of your state? Nevada

A friend of mine went through an uncontested divorce in March of 2006. In the divorce decree they decided on if any alimony will be paid and child support. The husband who makes about 50% less than the wife pays 654.00 in childsupport monthly a number they both agreed upon. He makes 51000.00 a year and she makes 100000 plus bonuses. Can she take him back to court to increase his support to 1400.00 and make him pay her attorney costs? No major circumstances are a factor. They are due in court in July.

ceara19

momo1998 said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

A friend of mine went through an uncontested divorce in March of 2006. In the divorce decree they decided on if any alimony will be paid and child support. The husband who makes about 50% less than the wife pays 654.00 in childsupport monthly a number they both agreed upon. He makes 51000.00 a year and she makes 100000 plus bonuses. Can she take him back to court to increase his support to 1400.00 and make him pay her attorney costs? No major circumstances are a factor. They are due in court in July.
That's the first good laugh I've had today!

ceara19

momo1998 said:
I am glad I could entertain you...but what are your thoughts really?
First of all, it sounds like you are trying to get help with your homework. If it is a valid question concerning REAL people, it has only been a few months since the order was issued. There is almost always a set amount of years that one must wait before asking for a child support review (every 2-3 years). If she wasn't happy with the amount, why did she agree to it in the first place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">