• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristen80c

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My husband has an 18yr old son born out of wedlock. He is in college out of state now.

We filed for a modification in July. His ex was served papers on August 3rd. She had 20 days to file her response. The court told us she has not filed anything, therefore a hearing has not been scheduled. Is there anything we can do? Are there consequences to her for ignoring this?

She claims she is low income, has never claimed more than $20k on income taxes. Owns her own aesthitician business. We get raped in Child support.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My husband has an 18yr old son born out of wedlock. He is in college out of state now.

We filed for a modification in July. His ex was served papers on August 3rd. She had 20 days to file her response. The court told us she has not filed anything, therefore a hearing has not been scheduled. Is there anything we can do? Are there consequences to her for ignoring this?

She claims she is low income, has never claimed more than $20k on income taxes. Owns her own aesthitician business. We get raped in Child support.
That's very offensive on so many levels. :mad:

Legally, you are NOBODY in the matter between your husband and Mom, unless you were at conception. :rolleyes:

Dad either agreed to the amount he pays or it is the amount is what is set using state guidelines. :cool:

Kristen80c

Thanks but you have no idea what you're talking about. What's offensive is that she lies, manipulates and deceives so many people in so many ways. Obviously Dad doesn't agree with the situation or he wouldn't have filed to go back to court. Are you a tax payer in MA? Cause if so, you're too paying for an apartment for her to "live in" (which hasn't been lived in in over 4 years by the way) but she's just "holding on to incase she needs it". Paying her health insurance, and much more...all the while she can afford to go on vacations, barely work, and more...I could go on but I won't. We're just trying to find out what to do since she has filed a response with the court, simple question.

OHRoadwarrior

That's very offensive on so many levels. :mad:

Legally, you are NOBODY in the matter between your husband and Mom, unless you were at conception. :rolleyes:

Dad either agreed to the amount he pays or it is the amount is what is set using state guidelines. :cool:
If I agree with you 100%, does it mean I must move to Bama?:)

CJane

She's not required to file a response with the court. She's given the opportunity to file a response with the court.

Must suck to know that your husband is tied forever to such a loser, just because he couldn't keep it in his pants, huh?

LillianX

Thanks but you have no idea what you're talking about. What's offensive is that she lies, manipulates and deceives so many people in so many ways. Obviously Dad doesn't agree with the situation or he wouldn't have filed to go back to court. Are you a tax payer in MA? Cause if so, you're too paying for an apartment for her to "live in" (which hasn't been lived in in over 4 years by the way) but she's just "holding on to incase she needs it". Paying her health insurance, and much more...all the while she can afford to go on vacations, barely work, and more...I could go on but I won't. We're just trying to find out what to do since she has filed a response with the court, simple question.
I'm a taxpayer in MA. You pay for my insurance! I've not quite hit the 2 year mark for remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, so you pay for my Masshealth! Thanks for that. My c-section in August, and the baby's subsequent NICU stay cost over 400,000 dollars. Thanks for that! Truly generous of you.

For the record, YOU can't do anything, as you are a legal stranger to the child. You have no say, as far as the law is concerned. Your husband can do something, and if he'd like to register for his own account here, and post his story, including the relevant part of the court order, so I can ask him the questions I have, I'd be glad to help him. I mean you no offense, I just prefer to work with the parties in the case, and someone who can legally take action. I don't like to give information to third parties in clearly volatile situations.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks but you have no idea what you're talking about.
No. YOU have no idea what you are talking about. YOUR post was offensive on many levels. Child support is NOT rape. The fact that you equate the two is reprehensible. Also YOU don't have to pay a dime. YOU are NOT a party to the case. NOT your LEGAL business.

What's offensive is that she lies, manipulates and deceives so many people in so many ways. Obviously Dad doesn't agree with the situation or he wouldn't have filed to go back to court.
Then dad should be posting here because you are no one but dad's new sex toy. Okay? Oh I am sorry, does that offend you? Do you feel that you are more than that?

Are you a tax payer in MA? Cause if so, you're too paying for an apartment for her to "live in" (which hasn't been lived in in over 4 years by the way) but she's just "holding on to incase she needs it". Paying her health insurance, and much more...all the while she can afford to go on vacations, barely work, and more...I could go on but I won't. We're just trying to find out what to do since she has filed a response with the court, simple question.
Dad can hire an attorney and handle his business. YOu can back off and butt out. Got it? If you apologize for your offensive comment maybe someone will deem you acceptable to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">