• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt_sday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a child in Ohio for whom I was paying $120 a onth in support for. I am receiving SSDI and and the mother of the child went and filed for benefits under my entitlement. I requested a review an couldn' believe that they are telling me that I still have to pay $52.83 per month plus $31.00 in arrears. I only receive $858.00 per month and when th take the $120 per month it went down to $758.00 take away the $31 its down to $729. I have two boys out here in California who receives benefits under me and the court say that satisfies my obligation. Why is Ohio not doing the same? I would not care if I could afford it to pay it but how can they expect me to live when they just keep taking???? Worse comes to worse I'm out of a place, lose my benefits and no one gets anyting. Is this legal for them to do this? What should I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a child in Ohio for whom I was paying $120 a onth in support for. I am receiving SSDI and and the mother of the child went and filed for benefits under my entitlement. I requested a review an couldn' believe that they are telling me that I still have to pay $52.83 per month plus $31.00 in arrears. I only receive $858.00 per month and when th take the $120 per month it went down to $758.00 take away the $31 its down to $729. I have two boys out here in California who receives benefits under me and the court say that satisfies my obligation. Why is Ohio not doing the same? I would not care if I could afford it to pay it but how can they expect me to live when they just keep taking???? Worse comes to worse I'm out of a place, lose my benefits and no one gets anyting. Is this legal for them to do this? What should I do?
Did you make Ohio aware of the Child support obligation in CA? Which obligation began first? The mother is allowed benefits for the child under your benefits. Doesn't mean you won't still owe child support. Was this an administrative review or a court judgment. The minimum amount per month is $50 plus 2% poundage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">