• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erik10283

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
so i recently had the 3 yr review come up and since my last i was laid off from my job. I received unemployment benefits but it ran out and during the court hearing the judge gave me a seek work order without lowering my child support which was 1200 for 2 child. i only have a high school dilpoma. what will happen if i dont find a job within the month the judge gave me?any help is appreciated thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so i recently had the 3 yr review come up and since my last i was laid off from my job. I received unemployment benefits but it ran out and during the court hearing the judge gave me a seek work order without lowering my child support which was 1200 for 2 child. i only have a high school dilpoma. what will happen if i dont find a job within the month the judge gave me?any help is appreciated thanks.
To how many places have you applied? You better be able to show that you have applied to more than a handful of places in that month.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Were you looking for work while on unenmployment?

erik10283

yes i was looking for work. i was looking for a job that matched my old salary which was $18 an hour.im applying to at least 5-10 jobs per week.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes i was looking for work. i was looking for a job that matched my old salary which was $18 an hour.im applying to at least 5-10 jobs per week.
The seek work order is not going to allow you to be picky. If you were offered a job of less than $18 an hour you can find yourself in trouble with the court. If you haven't applied for jobs earning less than that, you could find yourself in trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">