• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification involving Child Support Services (CSS)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lojack

What is the name of your state? CA (San Jaoquin County)

Hi everyone, my name is Jack. I really need some help and came across this website, so I taught I just try my luck. Well, I just be served from the county CSS and is ask to fill out and Expense Declaration OR Financial Statement for my oldest son. They are modifying my monthly child support after 5yrs. My ex has decided to apply for AFCD and Medical, so as a result of this CSS has asked to modify my order to compensate for the county.
He's the scenario; ex is unemployed doesn't want to work, and will not try to look for a new job. She's pissed off because I reported here for violating the order of not removing the child from the state with-out my written permission. This is her way of getting even with me.
My question is does she have any grounds for modification? If so, how much will this cost me additional to what I've been paying? I have 4 children living with me, will they account for my young ones? What is DISSOMASTER? How does it work? Do I need to bring this up in court or will the judge automatically calculate a new income for her (partners income included)? Am I going to be penalized for not keeping my son for the ordered visitation time or actual time? I've been flexible with the visitation order to accommodate for our busy schedule.

Please help!

Thank you for listening.
Jack

BL

Is She drawing unemployment benefits , and has applied for/receiving State assistance , or is She just receiving State assistances ?

Although it really doesn't matter , the State's going to want the CS .

Fill out the form(s) , and yes children you have to care for should be applied .

Look up your State's child support calculator , do the numbers .

When the State gets involved , they usually keep all , or most of the CS payments , and give the recipient a small amount per month .

Not sure about your State though .

LdiJ

Hi everyone, my name is Jack. I really need some help and came across this website, so I taught I just try my luck. Well, I just be served from the county CSS and is ask to fill out and Expense Declaration OR Financial Statement for my oldest son. They are modifying my monthly child support after 5yrs. My ex has decided to apply for AFCD and Medical, so as a result of this CSS has asked to modify my order to compensate for the county.
He's the scenario; ex is unemployed doesn't want to work, and will not try to look for a new job. She's pissed off because I reported here for violating the order of not removing the child from the state with-out my written permission. This is her way of getting even with me.
My question is does she have any grounds for modification? If so, how much will this cost me additional to what I've been paying? I have 4 children living with me, will they account for my young ones? What is DISSOMASTER? How does it work? Do I need to bring this up in court or will the judge automatically calculate a new income for her (partners income included)? Am I going to be penalized for not keeping my son for the ordered visitation time or actual time? I've been flexible with the visitation order to accommodate for our busy schedule.

Please help!

Thank you for listening.
Jack
If your income has increased since the child support order was written, then you can probably expect an increase of some sort. If you are not exercising all of your parenting time then that could also factor into the calculation.

CourtClerk

Hi everyone, my name is Jack.
Hi Jack:)
I really need some help and came across this website, so I taught I just try my luck.
I'll see what I can do...
Well, I just be served from the county CSS and is ask to fill out and Expense Declaration OR Financial Statement for my oldest son.
ok
They are modifying my monthly child support after 5yrs.
5 yrs. is a good amount of time to go without a modification...
My ex has decided to apply for AFCD and Medical, so as a result of this CSS has asked to modify my order to compensate for the county.
That's generally the way it goes
He's the scenario; ex is unemployed doesn't want to work, and will not try to look for a new job.
If she's applying for TANF (the new AFDC), then she'll be required to either work, learn a trade or join a job search club.
She's pissed off because I reported here for violating the order of not removing the child from the state with-out my written permission.
So because she's mad at you, she's subjecting herself and her child to a life of poverty??? Don't flatter yourself.
This is her way of getting even with me.
Again, she's applying for welfare because she's soooo mad at you that she really WANTS to live off of peanuts, have someone continually in her business, and probably find herself with not enough money to live month to month. Not only that, she's so disgusted by you that she would like to subject her child to that lifestyle... ok:rolleyes:
My question is does she have any grounds for modification?
Absolutely.. even without applying for welfare.
If so, how much will this cost me additional to what I've been paying?
Do the calculations. The dissomaster is now online.
I have 4 children living with me, will they account for my young ones?
Marginally. You chose to have additional children. You will get a credit for the children in your household that you are required legally to support. This does not include (usually) step children. They are not your responsibility.
What is DISSOMASTER?
The Dissomaster is one of the 3 approved child support calculator programs used throughout the California court system.
How does it work?
There is a specific formula for how CA calculates child support. This long mathematical equation.. however, basically, it takes both parents net income (gross minus taxes, mandatory retirement and union dues) and comes up with an amount you should pay. It will also take into account the amount of time the child spends with you.
Do I need to bring this up in court or will the judge automatically calculate a new income for her (partners income included)?
Her partner's income is irrelevant to an extent as her partner is not responsible for the care and upkeep of your child. She can be imputed an income if she is underemploying herself based on her earning potential.
Am I going to be penalized for not keeping my son for the ordered visitation time or actual time?
Visitation is a right, not an obligation. You don't have to keep your son according to the court order, it is an option available to you. Now, the less that you have your son in your custody, the more you will be ordered to pay in support. Don't think that starting today you can go get him everyday and it will make a difference though. I've seen judges not modify based on custody sharing until the paying parent can establish for a year that he/she intends on keeping whatever schedule they've figured out will lower their support amount.
I've been flexible with the visitation order to accommodate for our busy schedule.

Please help!

Thank you for listening.
Jack
Guidelines are standard. Fill out the information CSSD is asking for and they will tell you what amount you will be ordered to pay. If your ex is in fact receiving or applying for TANF, then she will receive a $50 disregard, which means she gets the first $50 of whatever you pay, the County will get the rest.

lojack

css

Thanks everyone for your advice. This help cleared up alot of my unanswered questions. Now, I do think that I need someone represent me. I just want to make sure I'm protecting my sons best interest.

Jack

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">