• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support nc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The punishments for hacking is very severe but in practice they are very unequally applied. You would probably be better off using the information yourself. If you gained knowledge other party was employed at Subway, then take go take a picture of them working. Something you could use if they lied on financial information sheet. There isn't a legal separation in North Carolina, it is just the act of living apart with the intention to stay living apart.

Justasking910

Nc child support

Dag on. I just came here for legal advice not to be lectured . If you can't help why even respond? ? Frankly, I cant help my husband is a idiot that never changed his password since we have been married..m nor can i help the fact that he is a spineless dead beat worm trying to dodge child support

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dag on. I just came here for legal advice not to be lectured . If you can't help why even respond? ? Frankly, I cant help my husband is a idiot that never changed his password since we have been married..m nor can i help the fact that he is a spineless dead beat worm trying to dodge child support
Nor that you have a poor picker.

CJane

Y'all, if they're legally married, she has every right to access the bank account that she has the log in and password to. That doesn't equate to him having the legal right to go through her mail.

If Dad was really worried about it, he'd change the account info.

As to her question of whether she'd be able to use those in court, I seriously doubt it. However, if she knows who his employer is, she could get proof of employment in other ways.

quincy

Y'all, if they're legally married, she has every right to access the bank account that she has the log in and password to. That doesn't equate to him having the legal right to go through her mail.

If Dad was really worried about it, he'd change the account info.

As to her question of whether she'd be able to use those in court, I seriously doubt it. However, if she knows who his employer is, she could get proof of employment in other ways.
I agree with you CJane that, if Dad is worried about access to his account information, he should change his log in and password. But it is not necessarily true to say that the Mom "has every right to access the bank account."

With separated or divorced spouses, the laws on access to accounts can reflect the changed relationship and circumstances. Whether consent has been granted is a factor a court will consider, as will be whether access has exceeded previous authorization granted. Whether there is a justified expectation of privacy in account information after separation or divorce is another area that will be examined.

In other words, just because a couple may have exchanged log in and password information when they were married and living together, so they could both legally access the other's accounts, does not mean that it remains legal for either to use the log in and password information of the other once they have separated or are divorced.

There are legal actions that potentially can be taken against the one accessing another's account without proper authorization and consent, these actions found under both the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and under state privacy laws and state computer laws. Granted, unauthorized access to a spouse or former spouse's account is probably not often discovered and legal actions taken against the unauthorized user - while not unheard of - are not real common.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">